Talk

Advanced search

Do I need a midwife or psychiatrist ttc-ers??

(4 Posts)
Ilovebeingamummy Wed 17-Sep-08 12:55:46

I am obsessed with using pregnancy tests (every day for over a week now. I am on CD29 today but I'm not sure how long cycles are as this is 1st month of trying. No sign at all of af yet and I have been nauseous for days, worse in the morning, swollen sore tummy, hot at night, lots of toilet trips.

I have even tried the clear blue (from 4 days early) and the 1st response which says from 6 days early. Surely on CD29 these would show if I am pregnant - as I said, I don't know when af is due but I am sure I am not having 36 day+ cycles.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this and others have had a positive result after lots of -ve's. I know the only answer is to stop testing for a while but I'm not sure I have the willpower....Arrggghh.

So do I call the midwife or the shrink??

MsG Wed 17-Sep-08 17:11:53

Hi there ILBAM. I don't know what to advise really... I was using tests before my AF was due until a few months ago when I suddenly started to resent the money I was spending on the tests!

I do know you can get false negatives though, even at the time when a period is due. If I were you I would try to not test again for a few more days. I know how hard it is and if you are pregnant you want to know as soon as possible, but it won't hurt to wait a few days - it won't make a difference to whether or not you are pregnant. It sounds like it could be good news! If you want to keep testing then do it, but I thought that maybe you were thinking it wasn't good for you to? Sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here!

I hope you get a nice BFP soon!

xx

Ilovebeingamummy Wed 17-Sep-08 19:17:46

Thanks - you are right - the answer to this is to stop thinking about it and stop testing! Neither will make a difference if I am pregnant or not - it is onto next month if not... No af yet though...

Will try and leave next test til next week....

MsG Thu 18-Sep-08 23:23:24

Don't be too hard on yourself though. It's a flipping nightmare. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now