Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

OPK advice/help!

(9 Posts)
dramaqueen72 Thu 24-Feb-05 14:26:52

okay, arent those ovulation predictor kits a bloody confusing nightmare? or is it just me?
not only do i spend ages holding it under different lights to try and 'match' the lines in colour exactly but now there seems some confusion over WHEN you should use them.
my instructions, for this batch anyway, say only after 1oam, -and that first thing ISNT fine, yet others say first thing is fine.....???does every kit vary? arent they all made the same way?
any fabulous opk experts out there help me (and the rest of the ttc after m/c thread!!) with this?

Bella23 Thu 24-Feb-05 15:06:49

Bump

Please ladies??

hoxtonchick Thu 24-Feb-05 15:08:13

i used mine in the afternoon, they were cheap ones from the internet (earlypregnancy.co.uk i think). after a very frustrating year ttc i got pregnant the first month we used them.

romilly Thu 24-Feb-05 15:25:29

dqueen and bella - i've posted on the ttc 119 thread to draw their attention to this. may help!

Sallie Thu 24-Feb-05 15:54:00

They are a nightmare. Get yourself a persona instead - much easier to use and I have conceived two using it. In the long run, I think it works out as less expensive than OPKs too (depending on where you are buying the OPKs from).

MeerkatsUnite Thu 24-Feb-05 16:21:28

Hi

I would have to agree with Sallie here - these kits are really not worth the money despite their persuasive advertising. I have heard they are also difficult to interpret amongst their many other problems.

If your cycles are irregular in nature they are definately not worth using as these kits will only read the excess amount of LH being produced.

Diege Thu 24-Feb-05 17:03:49

Come over from TTC stream re: OPK. I agree they are a nightmare, and I've had different results in same day based on when I've tested. My latest pack says don't use first wee of day because surge isn't established at that time, but on day 17 now and no surge and EWM has been and gone! My sister's a midwife and she says that EWM is the gold standard, and that OPK are overrated (as is temperature charting apparently?).Someone's raking in the money!

munnzieb Thu 24-Feb-05 17:05:24

I think any time of day is fine, I personally didn't get on with the two line ones, and opted for the clear blue digital ones with the smiley face, althou I have now invested in a persona, and can't praise it enough! lol, it's excellent, takes all the worry for me, althou we shall see if it's as good as they say and see how quickly I get up the duff when DH comes home!

munnzieb Thu 24-Feb-05 17:07:09

also I've haerd from a Dr that the OKP are about 2 days out anyways on the OV decetion, (hopefully the persoan's better) althou that would actually follow as I was certain I ov'ed on CD14 but persona say's 12and 13.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: