Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trying for a girl

(19 Posts)
Marketa Wed 23-Feb-05 16:41:09

have 3 DS's.love them all to bits but would love a dd! Tried hazel chesterman Phillips last time, didn't work, has anyone tried Microsort?

lunavix Wed 23-Feb-05 16:48:48

Can't help with advice here, however for number 2 will be trying for a girl! Know nothing about the methods you describe, will merely be using a persona (is it sex before ovulation? Something along those lines!)

Will follow this thread

lilibet Wed 23-Feb-05 16:57:30

There have been other threads about this. Sex before ovulation for a girl as female sperms last longer whereas male ones are faster. Magnessium in your diet for a girl, potassium for a boy, and apparently female sperms like an acid atmosphere whereas male go for alkaline so you could always try a lemon douche before sex! Good Luck!

Marketa Wed 23-Feb-05 18:06:39

have tried the magnesium, no salt, high calcium, no potassium, diet and timing of sex long before ovulation. Result? One fabulous baby boy! have lost faith in the timing thing.

Marketa Wed 23-Feb-05 18:09:30

PS the lemon juice thing sounds like ot might sting! My dh is v. sensitive!

alterego Wed 23-Feb-05 18:18:05

We've been trying the Chesterman-Phillips approach but keep having miscarriages What do you mean - it didn't work - what did you do(!)? I'm pg again and whilst obviously a healthy baby is no.1 priority a girl would be nice ..... [wistful emoticon]

Marketa Wed 23-Feb-05 18:26:35

So sorry to hear of miscarriages, alterego, must be very upsetting and yes, a healthy baby is the most important thing. It didn't work in that we tried 5 days before ovulation, nothing happened, 4 days before, again nothing, 3 days before, result, ds3. Also I looked up a website www.in-gender.com and it seemed to show that sex 5 days before was marginally more likely to produce a boy if anything, though was fairly evenly split.

Marketa Thu 24-Feb-05 01:10:53

Alterego, how far along are you?

alterego Thu 24-Feb-05 18:36:41

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow - seeing GP tomorrow and should be referred fairly quickly for early scan.

We did the deed 4 days before ov - a bit of a fluke actually because in previous cycles we seemed to have to be only 2 days before ov to get pg. Dh was away at what I thought was the critical time in this cycle so was quite surprised when the pg test came up +ve.

Will scurry along now to the website you mention.

HappyMumof2 Thu 24-Feb-05 21:19:31

Message withdrawn

chipmonkey Fri 25-Feb-05 09:54:57

Alterego, are you going to find out the sex?

bonym Fri 25-Feb-05 11:28:45

Dr Shettles book is the one we used (Choosing the Sex of your Baby) - we had sex 2 days before ovulation (having started at 4 days) and are expecting a girl in 4 weeks!

chipmonkey Fri 25-Feb-05 12:01:07

But its going to work 50% of the time, isn't it?
ALL my sone were conceived at least 2 days before ovulation, DS3 was 3 days before as we were trying for a girl!

chipmonkey Fri 25-Feb-05 12:01:32

i meant sons, not sone

chipmonkey Fri 25-Feb-05 13:43:18

PS was sure about ovulation time as well. Used temperature, mucus AND persona

collision Fri 25-Feb-05 13:55:46

It is all a lot of rubbish IMO!! My BF tried for a boy and got 3 girls.....we halfheartedly tried for a girl and now have 2 gorgeous boys!! Sorry...no help at all.

bonym Fri 25-Feb-05 14:51:34

I don't think anyone claims that it works 100% of the time and obviously other factors come into it - as I understand it some men are just naturally more pre-disposed to conceiving a certain sex (more male or female sperm). However, it worked for us this time around and dd1 was a semi-accident - ie. I thought it was a safe time as I didn't have fertile mucus - a day later it appeared! Also I have several friends who were actively ttc (regardless of the sex) and so had sex at the peak of ovulation and they all have boys. Tbh I don't think it hurts to try as long as you don't pin your hopes on it - it's a bit of fun and as long as you don't really mind if you don't get the result you're aiming for , why not give it a go?

chipmonkey Fri 25-Feb-05 14:51:52

Thing is, it worked for my parents, got a boy after 3 girls, so i was sure it would work. Also was VERY sick when pg with ds3, very surprised when he arrived. But very smitten all the same!

chipmonkey Fri 25-Feb-05 15:32:26

boneym, i Don't know if I'd give it a go again. I
only have one more shot, have had 3 c-sections adn am getting on in years! Would prefer something more scientific.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now