Talk

Advanced search

Soy and/or Clomid

(10 Posts)
lastboxoftampons Mon 08-Sep-08 12:09:54

Hello smile

Not on either but curious as to why you're supposed to take it on certain days. I know most people say CD2-8 or 3-9, etc. But why is it CD2 for some people and CD3, 4 or 5 for others? Or is it just a matter of preference?

Thanks

londonlottie Mon 08-Sep-08 12:51:57

Message withdrawn

lastboxoftampons Mon 08-Sep-08 13:05:50

Are you following me! hmmgrin

Of course it's all anecdotal, but some people take soy isoflavones as they would clomid - it's meant to induce early ovulation.

Here's a "good" article: www.twoweekwait.com/newsletter/2006-01/

londonlottie Mon 08-Sep-08 14:05:47

Message withdrawn

lastboxoftampons Mon 08-Sep-08 14:20:53

My bargepole is getting shorter as the months go by! grin

I'm going to make that appointment with the doctor this month and I might ask her about it. I wouldn't be keen on clomid either.

londonlottie Mon 08-Sep-08 15:45:59

Message withdrawn

sadminster Mon 08-Sep-08 16:03:58

when I took clomid (yuck) it was days 1-5, first time because I wasn't ovulating at all & while I didn't conceive on it I did start ovulating normally afterwards (prob because I gained weight). 2nd time because I was ovulating late in the cycle (cd22+), & dr wanted to make it earlier so egg release would be the same time as the best quality lining (didn't work I got big cysts & didn't take it again).

I've seen lots of people using soy on ff - no idea if it works though.

londonlottie Mon 08-Sep-08 16:14:14

Message withdrawn

lastboxoftampons Mon 08-Sep-08 16:29:16

I "know" plenty of women who conceived while ovulating late in their cycles, so I don't really think there's much of a correlation.

sadminster Mon 08-Sep-08 16:52:36

Yeah I know loads of women who conceive late or on very long cycles, but some doctors belive that if you ovulate late (>CD17) then there can be a problem with the lining being less receptive to implantation. Certianly there's a lower pregnancy rate/year in women with longer cycles simply because there are fewer chances on conceive over that time.

Personally (8 pregnancies now) I have only ever conceived on my shorter cycles (28 days rather than 31+) so I get very excited if I ovulate on day 14 or 15. Who knows?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now