Talk

Advanced search

For those of you who use lubrication...

(19 Posts)
GordonTheGopher Mon 08-Sep-08 11:07:54

Did you know most of them can kill sperm? Even KY?

I only found this out recently and discovered preseed.

First month of using it and I'm pregnant!

It is expensive though. I've got one application left over - can post it to first regular mner interested!

(This does sound like an advert doesn't it? I'm not connected with preseed at all!!)

GordonTheGopher Mon 08-Sep-08 19:37:10

BUMP!

iwantasecondone Thu 11-Sep-08 19:49:55

Me? Me please. I tried for 13 months last time, then used preseed and got pg first time round. Starting again in a few weeks so YES PLEASE!
email is sarahturtlehopewell at gmail dot com
Thanks!

HairyToe Thu 11-Sep-08 20:11:31

Naive question about preseed. Never used it before - how do you 'use' it and how does it work?

iwantasecondone Thu 11-Sep-08 20:13:32

You "insert" it up to 15 mins (I think) before sex...it acts like the egg white mucous, so that the sperm have something to swim through. I was told that I was a bit acidic and it might help...musta done!

littlemissmischief Thu 11-Sep-08 20:15:15

ohh never heard of pressed? Can some please explain it to me! Where can you get it etc.. thankyou smile

littlemissmischief Thu 11-Sep-08 20:21:11

opps meant preseed blush

iwantasecondone Thu 11-Sep-08 20:22:40

ebay, internet sites, etc...it costs a bit but well worth it IMO!
like this one

littlemissmischief Thu 11-Sep-08 20:31:57

thanks iwantasecondone will have a look.Can I ask you and Gordonthe Gopher you said you got pg first time using it, were you using a different lubricant before that or were you using nothing before?

iwantasecondone Thu 11-Sep-08 20:59:22

I was using normal lube. Had no idea that it blocked sperm.

gemdangracie Thu 11-Sep-08 22:13:11

you can buy this from www.paydenspharmacy.co.uk and it costs £12.28 for 6 pre-filled applicators.

iwantasecondone Fri 12-Sep-08 07:21:27

£10.78 with postage on ebay...see link below

MsG Tue 16-Sep-08 01:59:15

Waiting for AF - due at end of this week - am really hoping switching to Preseed will have helped. This will be the 3rd month of using it. My partner and I both really prefer it to other lubricants.

GordonTheGopher Tue 16-Sep-08 06:51:11

Sorry I haven't come back to this thread - not sure if pg is sticky yet - had a few scares. When I'm more sure then I'll send it to you iwantasecondone.

MsG Tue 23-Sep-08 11:46:14

Just to let you all know - was using Boots lubricant till I heard on here how that can kill sperm and so switched to Preseed... Have just got a positive result on the third month of trying with Preseed! x

lastboxoftampons Tue 23-Sep-08 12:07:46

congratulations MsG!

Have just ordered some online from AccessDiagnostics this morning around 9:30am and got an email around 11 saying it has shipped! Pretty speedy!

I have used it before but didn't have any luck - for those who have used it, did you feel like it slipped out if you didn't lie down as you were applying? The first time I think I used too much, the second time was better (DH didn't even know) but obviously it didn't work...but I wonder if I'm doing it wrong?

MsG Tue 23-Sep-08 12:29:19

I think it's best to insert it lying down and about 10 or 15 minutes before sex. I know it says it in insert it crouching down or sitting on the toilet, but I couldn't bring myself to attempt that so always did it lying on the bed.

The thing I found difficult was keeping everything in afterwards! I kept my legs in the air a bit but then would always get cramp. I just thought, people do get pregnant standing up, or from when they're not even trying, so I tried to relax a bit about it and not worry if some did fall out.

xx

lastboxoftampons Tue 23-Sep-08 12:35:10

Thanks MsG! Yes - I have the after issue as well blush and have often taken the same stance as you do! smile But that's why I bought the Instead cups. They're meant to collect menstrual flow, but many people in the ~ahem~ internet community have used them for TTC as well, as they keep the little guys close to the cervix. I was just worried about it slipping out before we even begin!

iwantasecondone Tue 23-Sep-08 12:40:19

Have loads of softcups FFP if anyone wants them...I found them a bit bizarre and cant get my head round them. Or get them to be comfy.
Good luck GTG!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now