Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant after having a 'proper' period?

(12 Posts)
Nat1H Sun 07-Sep-08 22:32:58

Had a period 2 weeks ago - ever so slightly lighter then usual, but bright red blood.
A few days after this I felt really 'heavy' in my pelvis area and have felt tightenings (like very small braxton hicks).
Now, my breasts are HUGE and becoming tender - but in a different way to when I am due to start a period.
I have had loads of headaches - as I had with my other 2 DS's, but do not feel tired (yet).
We are not particularly careful during sex - use withdrawal, but have not had any near misses either.
Could I be pregnant? Or having a phantom grin
Just want some opinions before I test.
Thanks
Nat

JODIEhadababy Mon 08-Sep-08 10:27:16

I had a small 'period' when I was just pregnant with DS1, didn't know I was pregnant at the time either. MW said that if you 'get caught' just at the end of your cycle, the old egg still 'drops' creating the period and the new egg is the one that gets fertilised... Does that make sense???

JODIEhadababy Mon 08-Sep-08 10:27:36

Oh and Good Luck grin

ajm200 Mon 08-Sep-08 10:35:36

You can sometimes get a implantation bleed that is like a light, crampy period. I had light 'periods' for several months during this pregnancy while my hormones settled down.

Do a pregnancy test, some of the supermarket own brands are now only about 4 pounds for 2 so you won't waste too much money and might be pleasantly surprised.. I got a positive on a cheap sainsburys own brand test before my period was due this time round.

Good luck.

cmotdibbler Mon 08-Sep-08 10:39:55

My friend had a proper period when she was pregnant with her son - she was going to do a pg test as just about to go on ultra all inc holiday with diving etc, then came on and didn't test. She was a bit suprised at her scan that she was 4 weeks more than she thought !

lizziemun Mon 08-Sep-08 10:54:07

Apparantly yes. As I am now 14 weeks pg.

I only tested (at 10 weeks) because my mum said somethign in passing, and i feinted which i only did when i was pregnant with dd1.

I had period 2 days (cd 24) after we did it, about the time my period should have been. So it never occured to me i would be pg untill my next period didn't arrive and my breast are very tender.

nowirehangers Mon 08-Sep-08 11:02:16

I had a proper period in both pregnancies which led to me only realising I was pregnant very late, during which time I went on holiday to France, drank huge amounts, ate nothing but pate and soft cheeses - even (gasp) smoked a few cigarettes! Guess what DD1 is fine, but I still felt guilty.
I got a hell of a shock when I went for my scan thinking I was only nine weeks and turned out to be 12, the due date went forward we had to tell everyone much sooner than we'd planned.
Second time round the same thing happened but I was aware of this and noticed the period was slightly lighter than normal and so did a test.
Do a test and good luck

JODIEhadababy Mon 08-Sep-08 11:05:02

Oh and please let us know the outcome [nosy parker emoticon]

Desperate16YearOld Mon 08-Sep-08 19:33:07

hi i'm 16 years old and me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex and we dont use the withdrawl method but about 2 months ago i was 5 days late and had a light period for 3 days then in august i was 2 weeks late and had a semi light period for 4 days and i have had white spots on my nipples for about 2 1/2 months what could be going on or wrong

JODIEhadababy Mon 08-Sep-08 19:58:30

Hi Desperate. I think it would be best if you took a test, just to be sure, you can get cheapy ones from the supermarket, or you can see a doctor. It is not impossible to have periods all the way through pregnancy, so I'd err on the side of caution if I were you....

Hope you get the result that you are looking for...

Desperate16YearOld Thu 11-Sep-08 20:39:57

thanks and i took 2 tests during the 2 week thing and were both no but they were the words ones could i still be

shreksmissus Thu 11-Sep-08 23:36:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now