Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation pain?

(12 Posts)
ClairePO Fri 05-Sep-08 07:34:33

If you get it how bad is it and does it vary month from month?

I get it and it isn't normally too bad but last night it was so painful it woke me up, really bad. When it hurts it is always the same side (right), I rarely get ovulation pain from my left and if I do it is very mild. Just wondered if anyone had experienced similar?

beanieb Fri 05-Sep-08 07:55:15

I never get it. But then I rarely get any pains when I have my period. Sometimes I think there must be something wrong with me because I don't but I think we're all just different!

Jools1 Fri 05-Sep-08 09:01:05

Funnily enough, after predicting yesterday morning that I wouldn't get any because I only seem to notice ov pain every other month, it hit with a vengeance on my left side and has kept going all night and into this morning.

It seems a lot worse this month, but I am wondering if this is simply because I've been waiting and watching for it - or maybe it means a nice big healthy egg grin

ClairePO Fri 05-Sep-08 09:25:27

beanie I rarely get period pain either, like you say we're all different.

I have had my ovaries scanned before in my mid/early 20's to see if I had a cyst but that came back fine but will mention the severe pain when I go back to the docs for my blood test results.

Jools I like the idea of a nice healthy egg, I'm gonna hold on to that thought even though every step I take jars and hurts.

Jools1 Fri 05-Sep-08 09:39:15

Ever hopeful grin I hope it eases soon ClarePo - sounds very painful

Ov pain for me has always been worse than AF pain !

Am just wondering what to consider as my OV day now, as the pain has (unusually) spanned 2 days.

RoRoMommy Fri 05-Sep-08 09:45:38

I have the same thing, and it's just every other month, and only on the left side. I like the healthy egg thought, too, and last month was really bad so I thought...maybe I am laying TWO eggs this month!

scully Fri 05-Sep-08 11:52:59

Last month I had pain on my left for about 12hrs on and off. I had wondered as I was watching for it, does that make it more obvious, but I don't think so, with 2 dd'2 already, I don't have much time to focus on myself so it must have been quite sharp. Good luck

scully Fri 05-Sep-08 11:53:45

sorry that would be 2 dd's

lovings Tue 16-Sep-08 17:09:55

my breasts feel like bricks just after ovulation - and they hurt by just walking!

ClairePO Tue 16-Sep-08 17:11:38

mine only hurt in the week up to period but yes, walking hurts if bra-less!

TTCanothermunchkin Sat 20-Sep-08 07:04:17

I get a stitch all round my lower half when I ov for a couple of days and LOTS of CM.

Sounds normal but get it checked if you are worried.

Does anyone else feel very bloated too around OV time?

GordonTheGopher Sat 20-Sep-08 07:06:32

I get it every month and it's always the same side. I always think it's a really good sign that everything is working!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now