Talk

Advanced search

TTC after coming off Depoprovera

(3 Posts)
funnysinthegarden Thu 04-Sep-08 22:46:29

Hello. I am ttc DC no 2 and as the title says I have recently come off the short term injection. I had my last injection in February and have had a varying cycle since then. The last one was for 35 days and I am 2 days off discovering whether the next one will be the same. Anyone have any experience of how long I should expect to wait before realistically expecting to get back to normal? BTW I am not desperate to have dc2 just yet it would be nice to know what sort of wait I can expect..

Thanks

FITG

mags98 Fri 05-Sep-08 00:29:16

The average is about 6 or 7 months for cycles to get back to normal, but I always advise people it can be up to a year.

partly also depends on what your periods were like before the injection - if they were long or irregular then than will likely be the same now too. But also if you have been on the injection for a few years you don;t know what would have happened to your periods over that time anyway.

So a bit hit and miss, allow a few months and you will get there!

funnysinthegarden Fri 05-Sep-08 09:43:09

Thanks Mags98, thats very helpful. I'll just have to be patient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now