Talk

Advanced search

I have been peeing on an opk and have had strong positives 4 days in a row...can this be right? I'm shattered!

(14 Posts)
HeadsOrTails Wed 03-Sep-08 22:53:10

grin

Seriously though, may I have got a bad batch?
They are sure sign branded and £7 for five bought from a shop not ebay.

This is my first time using these so am a bit apprehensive about taking the results as a given sign tbh.

****Babydust****

HeadsOrTails Wed 03-Sep-08 22:55:19

Oh and also which day counts as the post ovulation date for testing?
The first opk positive or the last??hmm Thanks

ClairePO Wed 03-Sep-08 23:04:07

I always stop peeing on them when I get the positive. I've never thought about how long I would get a positive for. But when I temped I would ov on day of +ve or day after, so then the day after ov would be 1 day post ov and I get my period at 15 dpo. But everyone is different so hummmm I don't know what the answer is. Sorry, crap reply really!

mags98 Wed 03-Sep-08 23:17:52

Really you should only have an LH surge for a couple of days, so any more than 2 in a row (or 3 max) I wuld be suspicious something is going wrong. Although usually people stop once they have one positive!

Silly question probably but is there any chance of you being pregnant? HCG (picked up by pregnancy tests) and LH (detected by OPKs) are very similar and cross react on the OPKs. The only time this has ever happened to me was shortly after my first miscarriage last year, I started using the kits to see if my cycle was coming back but had to stop as I was getting strong positives every day - I still had a positive pregnancy test for about 3 weeks after.

Secondly, if no chance of pregnancy are you sure you are reading them correctly? They can be very confusing. I moved over to the digital ones and now a Clearblue monitor to avoid the difficulty reading them.

HeadsOrTails Wed 03-Sep-08 23:37:33

((Mags)), I am sorry for loss last year x

I suppose most people would stop after one positive now I think about it!
I am on cd 20 and have had definate strong lines on the opk in the result window that are much darker than the control window.
I am not sure when I started ovulating tbh as have had the dark line from the first test I did until now.
My cycle length is approx 28-32.
I shall test again tomorrow and report back grin
Does anyone know which day counts as the post ov testing date as well please?

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 04-Sep-08 07:21:25

The problem with these kits is that a woman can easily have more than one LH surge every month and that such a surge is not automatically followed by ovulation.

I would refrain from using these particular opk's as they are not reliable anyway. They can also be difficult to interpret.

HeadsOrTails Thu 04-Sep-08 20:33:29

I tested again this evening and have a strong positive again so will just babydance until my dh collapses! lol

mags98 Thu 04-Sep-08 20:58:27

Have you done a pregnancy test? Seriously?

peppermintpig Fri 05-Sep-08 22:20:29

Hi I had positives 4-5 days in a row. Both times was pregnant. DH knackered as I insisted on carrying on and on. The 1st time I have no idea when I ovulated so could have been pregnant for week or 2. But last time I know almost exactly....positives days 14-18. Ovulated on day 15. Had positive pg test by day 24 and didn't have sex til day 14!

From talking to friends the problem with OV kits is that they seem to give diff results for everyone. One friend had no positives at all using them for 3 months so convinced not ov'ing and then pg.

peppermintpig Fri 05-Sep-08 22:22:11

SHould have mentioned...both times only stopped testing because DH works away one week a month (fortunately for him!) so have no idea how long they would have stayed +.

mslucy Fri 05-Sep-08 23:26:19

a friend of mine had this and turned out to be pregnant.

seriously, do a test.

HeadsOrTails Sat 06-Sep-08 00:37:06

Ooooh Ppig, very interesting. I tested strong positive today with a different opk as well and am all out of opks now.

I think its too early to test? but thanks for egging me on mags and lucy grin

I am cd23 atm.
I have a cheapy test, when should I use it?

mags98 Sat 06-Sep-08 01:00:43

Use a test now! They only cost a couple of pounds so not the end of world if you need to buy one again next week. But it really sounds like something is going on. Are yuo sure your last period was abssolutely normal? No change in lightness/length etc?

If negative and just funny OPK well so be it, but I suspect something else!

mags98 Wed 10-Sep-08 00:47:47

Any news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now