Talk

Advanced search

pre-seed

(11 Posts)
beanieb Tue 02-Sep-08 10:17:52

Has anyone else ended up with urine infections after using pre-seed?

sadminster Tue 02-Sep-08 10:33:41

No (sorry tht's not very helpful) ~ I've not heard that it could be a problem.

corblimeymadam Tue 02-Sep-08 10:39:04

Message withdrawn

beanieb Tue 02-Sep-08 11:08:10

hmmm- maybe I should give it a miss. Haven't bonked since 23rd August and had my period for 4 days but we did use Pre-seed when we were. I dunno - am panicing that I have some kind of kidney infection sad

MsG Tue 02-Sep-08 12:17:20

It's more likely to be cystitis - have you had that before? Could even be thrush. I was treating what I thought was cystitis a few years back and a friend suggested I try one of those Canasten pessaries - and it worked, so I don't know if it had actually been thrush, but I've been fine since.

I've not had any problems with Preseed.

What are your symptoms Beanie? x

beanieb Tue 02-Sep-08 13:57:12

Well... basically I do think I might have had thrush just before my period. Then I started getting that horrible drawing up feeling in my bladder as I emptied it, like with cystitis when I got my period. Am on day four of my period and it's still happening despite me drinking loads and using a Cystitis remedy from the chemist.

gusting Tue 02-Sep-08 14:02:26

Hello Beanie
If it is cystitis you should try a remedy called Waterfall-d- mannose. I know it sounds a bit weird but it really works. It is some kind of natural glucose derivative and you get it online if you put it into google.
You put a spoonful into tea or juice, and within a few days it's gone.
I used to get cystitis all the time and now I just keep some in my cupboard for emergencies and touch wood, I have never had a bad episode since!
I use pre-seed, and don't have any reaction to it.

beanieb Tue 02-Sep-08 14:09:03

ooh - thank you grin I'll get some, though I might go and see my doc as it's recurrant and maybe I need anti-biotics again!

gusting Tue 02-Sep-08 15:32:28

I have had every antibiotic under the sun, but my recurring cystitis was clearly of a very persistent variety because they had no effect whatsoever!
Fingers crossed your doctor has a nice aggressive one for you! grin

MsG Tue 02-Sep-08 15:47:22

I'd maybe ask your doc or ask a pharmacist if it could be thrush, too. I never believed mine was until my friend said she thought it might be, but once I used the pessary thing it went away and I've never had it since!

Hope you feel better soon. xx

beanieb Tue 02-Sep-08 16:28:01

Gusting - I'll get some of the stuff you suggest.

MsG - I've used a pessary thing before which did work but then I got it again. I hate the way I always get given the third degree when i ask for thrush stuff in teh chemist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now