Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else use a clearblue fertility monitor?

(23 Posts)
2beautifulgals Sun 31-Aug-08 16:17:31

We are TTC#3 for 6 months now and we have now begun using a CBFM. This is my first cycle using it and have a few questions so wandering if anyone else uses/used one?

My Usual cycle is between 28-30 days and previously i thought i ovulated on CD14 from EWCM. The monitor asked me to test from CD6 and was reading low until CD15, i began thinking there was a problem with the machine or with mehmm
Then CD16 took me by surprise going to Peak shockand today CD17 another peak, so we did the deed last night should we again tonight?
I know beingthe first cycle the machine is still getting to know me, but maybe i have been miscalculating my timing for the past 6 monthshmm

makingafamily Sun 31-Aug-08 18:39:37

Hey 2bg

Its my first month using the CBFM too! Started testing on day 6 and then got a high reading on day 10 am now on day 19 and still high but no bloody peak!! I though i had it sussed and ovulated on day 14-16, clearly not. Havent had any positive OPK's either though hmm We've been doing inseminations every other day and are going to do every peak day so if i was you i'd get BD'ing again tonight

2beautifulgals Sun 31-Aug-08 19:47:05

Thanks makingafamily,
Have heard that you may only get highs on the CBFM on first month due to it getting to know you, so you never know keep going with the inseminations and hopefully we will both get our BFP's this month fingerscrossed. grin

mags98 Sun 31-Aug-08 23:06:59

I got highs nearly every day for 3 weeks the first month I used it starting from day 6. It did then show peak.

Now consistently getting peaks on around day 21 (35 day cycle).

When you get an LH surge it gives you peak readings for that day and the next automatically, BTW. Then it stays high for another day then goes low. LH surge suggests you will ovulate within the next 24-36 hrs.

gusting Mon 01-Sep-08 09:46:13

hello everyone
I am also TTC on cycle 1 using the monitor.

Same as most of you- all highs from day 6. Now on day 21 and still high. Was sure I would have ovulated by now but no symptoms to speak of and no EWCM either. After reading the leaflet which comes with it, it suggests that this may mean I have not ovulated this month. Having just come off the Pill 3 months ago, having been on it for about 17 years, I am now paranoid I have totally messed up my system and am now not ovulating.
Mind working overtime. Just when I had convinced DP it was a good idea to start trying (or to be strictly correct, to start NOT trying NOT to get PG), and by some cruel twist of fate, I'm infertile!

Oh, I hope I get a Peak soon!! Does anyone know...if you are not ovulating at all, can you get consistent highs, or would the monitor just stay at low all month? Or am I just over reacting and over dramatising and I might have ovulated and the monitor just hasn't detected it cos it doesn't know me yet?

Would be grateful for any experiences...grin

Bumpsadaisie Mon 01-Sep-08 10:54:51

Just wanted to reply to Gusting - if my experience is anything to go by, it can take a long time to get "back to normal" after the pill (although people's experiences vary I guess).

I was on Microgynon (for 5 years) and we decided to go back to condoms over a year ago because it made me hormonal a lot of the time, and also so that I would be well "off the pill" in time for TCC in about a year's time. I'd say it took a year for my cycle to get back to normal - in the first 6 months I simply "missed" several periods - in the last 6 months I did get a period every month but with cycle lengths 39, 37, 35, 29 and 28 days (most recent last).

I'm hoping now we've just started TTC #1 that it has now settled down at about 29 days (which is what it was pre-pill, give or take a day or two).

I did get a bit worried about it like you're doing (not to mention that in the first 6 mths off the pill I was worrying that perhaps I had got pregnant, which would have been totally the wrong time for financial reasons!). If your periods were fairly regular before the pill, they'll probably get back to that in time, I'm sure.

Hope that helps, Bumps x

gusting Mon 01-Sep-08 11:15:11

Thanks for that Bumps, it's reassuring to hear you are getting back to normal, good luck with your TTC.
You get so much different info from people- some say they have conceived almost immediatly after coming off the Pill, others say it took ages to get back to normal. I went to the doctor about a year ago and asked him- he said it shouldn't make any difference to my system the fact I had been on it for so long. I guess it's different for different people!

Anyway fingers crossed it will all be ok soon.
thanks again for your post smile

beanieb Mon 01-Sep-08 11:20:04

2beautifulgals - The EWCM you get is not always dead on ovulation. Was EWCM the only way you were predicting your Ovulation day previously?

I have been using a CBFM for about 6 months now and found out I ovulate on CD 15/16 on what is usually a 24 day cycle. I was quite surprised too. Mine gave me a peak on the first month but I have a lot of friends using it who didn't get any peaks on their first month.

xserialshopper Mon 01-Sep-08 11:41:22

Hi 2beautifulgals and all other cb monitor usersgrin. When you get a peak on the monitor may not be when ovulation actually takes place as it can be up to 24 to 48 hours after a peak reading. So, imo, I would suggest that you enjoy your dp/dh for a few more days (at least 3) after a peak reading to cover all basesgrin.

gusting Mon 01-Sep-08 12:03:06

If there is no peak showing during a cycle,only highs, does that mean no ovulation?

Has anyone out there had a BFP with only high readings on the monitor?

beanieb Mon 01-Sep-08 12:05:50

The CBF monitor detects more than one hormone. I think without a Peak then you can't be sure you have ovulated. But that's quite usual in the first month of using it.

makingafamily Mon 01-Sep-08 18:52:23

Ok! Still no peak but have just got a positive OPK!!! hmm

mags98 Mon 01-Sep-08 19:38:28

Right well see what the monitor shows you in the morning - should be a peak tomorrow then!

2beautifulgals Mon 01-Sep-08 22:04:27

Gusting, i have heard of people getting pregnant on there 1st cycle of using the CBFM and only getting highs so you never know.....

Beanieb- yes only used EWCM before to measure when ovulation occurred, so now froming using the CBFM i see was inaccurate.

xserialshopper - i have been jumping on hubby so much lately think i may have worn him out!!!shock Got 2 peaks then a high today so might try and jump on him once more tonight just to make sure. smile

Makingafamily- go do some inseminating girl grin you might get your peak in the morning.

I think in the first month of using the monitor most people don't get a peak just highs so don't give up girls.

makingafamily Tue 02-Sep-08 11:54:06

WOOHOOOOOO PEAK! Insems tonight

Although done another OPK at about 10.30 last night and got a negative. I am becoming a peestickaholic!!!

sweetlove1 Tue 08-Sep-09 11:45:56

Last month i used clearblue fertility monitor, got 9 high days and 2 peak days so we did "BD" on one of the peak days, my af was due on Sunday instead it arrived on Friday but was bright red not heavy as usual and lasted only 3days (normally lasts 5-7days). Am now very confused and don't know what is happening with my body. can someone please put my mind at rest. Your advise is highly appreciated. xx

carlossss Mon 27-Dec-10 18:25:24

Message withdrawn

willitwork Tue 03-May-11 15:23:31

hummmm not sure about this CBFM. I used it last month and got a high from day 8 and peak day 12 13. This month no high til day 12 now on day 15 and still no peak but reckon i did a dodgy stick on day 14 as it came out really pale then repeated it and i was clearly had a line for FSH and a pale one for oestrogen. Too late to put that in the machine. All other symptoms suggested i ovulated on day 14( dont want to be too detailed but you know what i mean ladies) Now day 15 2 very pale lines and reads a high. Think the machine has missed my peak. Has anyone else had this experience. We have been having sex every night since day 11 not sure how much longer hubby can keep it up without sex getting like a chore!
Any advice or similar experience with CLBFM??? thanks

jazzy283 Tue 10-May-11 14:12:52

Well this is my 1st cycle with CBFM we have been TTC for 7 months now without any luck i started myine on CD1 so i will see what happend only on D3 and stress already lol boy who thought it would be so bloody hard to have babies, keep me informed on how you are all getting on it keeps me sane to know other people are going through what i am grin

SlightlyBabyCrazed Tue 10-May-11 14:38:20

Willit and Jazzy - come join us over on:
Clearblue Fertility Monitor Support Group Buddies Vol 6!!
You can pose any questions directly to one of the resident experts!

Nagnag Sat 09-Jul-11 09:28:08

Hi there, first time using a forum! I've just started using the CBFM and it has just given a peak on day 22. I thought this was odd as I've no other symptoms and have a 30 day cycle so tested with a single ovulation stick from boots, which came up negative! Now I'm totally confused...which is correct?!

LisaJayneS Sat 09-Jul-11 09:32:46

Morning ladies - would you mind if I crashed your thread to ask you a question? How does the CBFM work? What does it actually do? I have a Duofertility monitor and so far have not been terrifically impressed with it. Other than not having to manually take BBT first thing in the morning before I so much as BREATHE, it doesn't seem to be doing much of a job of predicting my ov (3 cycles in so far). Also it only tells me when I've ov'd about 6 days after so not much use? If it also doesn't then predict the ov with more accuracy I'm not sure what use it is. Yet to be impressed.....

It ALWAYS thinks I will ov 14 days into my 28 day cycle so doesn't seem to take account of previous ovs having happened at different times in my cycle. Anyway just wondered what the CBFM did? Am I right in thinking it costs about £100?

Thanks
Lisa xx

LisaJayneS Sat 09-Jul-11 09:36:07

Also, a follow up question (if I may smile) - do you have any views on how effective the CBFM is if you have pretty regular cycles? I have a pretty spot on 28 day cycle but not 100% sure when I ovulate in there?

Thanks
Lisa xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now