Talk

Advanced search

How many of you have got pregnant with the merina coil in situ?

(13 Posts)
selee Fri 29-Aug-08 13:12:15

I know this subject has been discussed before, but I am having all the pregnancy symptoms............ blush

hotCheeseBurns Fri 29-Aug-08 13:16:25

I have a mirena coil and once, soon after having my son and getting the coil, full of pregnancy paranoia I went for a test because my periods had stopped.

The nurse pretty much laughed and said that the coil was more effective than sterilisation!

Isn't it true?!

selee Fri 29-Aug-08 13:29:42

I have sore boobs, a tender tummy, feel pretty queasy, genereally "feel" just like I did when I was pg with my two boys.

Time for a pg test soon?

Jael Fri 29-Aug-08 13:41:37

I'd probably do one just to put your mind at rest. I had my mirena in for 2 and a half years, had it removed on 10th July. I still had really heavy periods throughout the 2 and 1/2 years, which i thought was strange. Good luck, Jael x

selee Fri 29-Aug-08 13:42:47

Jael - did you opt for another form of contraception?

Jael Fri 29-Aug-08 13:47:21

No, I had it out because I was in too much pain. Every month I was having 2 weeks on AF, 2 weeks off. Was absolutely horrible. Were trying to conceive DC #2 at the moment, not having a very good time, i'm currently 4w 6 days "pregnant" but it's a possible CP so my heads all over the place.

selee Fri 29-Aug-08 14:01:12

Oh dear Jael - {BIG HUG}

Hobnobfanatic Fri 29-Aug-08 14:14:13

Selee - sore boobs, no periods, feeling queasy - all the reasons why I had my mirena removed. I tried to stick with it, but after a year of feeling crap , I insisted it was removed. Maybe you're the same?

selee Fri 29-Aug-08 14:43:12

Hohnob - if I feel like I do now for a longer period of time then removing it will be a possibility. do you feel much better now?

selee Sat 30-Aug-08 09:58:23

negative pg test, so i guess its just me!

Hobnobfanatic Sun 31-Aug-08 10:13:36

Phew!

jeee Sun 31-Aug-08 10:44:00

I don't know how long you've had the coil fitted, but after about 3 months I was convinced I was pregnant (full blown morning sickness, etc.). It was probably a hormonal response to the mirena. It has settled down now.

selee Sun 31-Aug-08 19:48:03

thanks jeee - think you're right. hope it settles down, I have had it about 3 or 4 months too....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now