Talk

Advanced search

When does ewcm start generally?

(4 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 25-Aug-08 16:41:24

Is it just before ov or just as you ov? Trying to be nonchalant about ttc so not really using opks or temping. I was going to keep an eye out for ewcm but I can't remember if it starts much before ov or not.

ScaryHairy Mon 25-Aug-08 17:26:42

The length of time for which you have ewcm varies but it starts before ovulation.
Take Charge of Your Fertility suggests younger women may get up to 5 days of ewcm while women in their 30s may only get a couple of days. On my most recent cycle I had it for 2-3 weeks which was not terribly helpful for pinpointing ov! That was pretty unusual and was because I ovulated late.

Assuming that it starts, say, less than a week before ovulation, and given that sperm last for 5 days, you could make sure you have sex every other day as a minimum when you see ewcm and see where that gets you.

HeadFairy Mon 25-Aug-08 17:31:51

I know from ttc ds I ov'd on day 15 or 16 and I usually get a couple or three days of ewcm, so I guess I can assume if I get some around cd 13 or 14 then I'm about to ov. I don't get as much time as we did before we had ds (no suprise there) I was hoping I could get lucky!

ScaryHairy Mon 25-Aug-08 17:46:13

Sounds about right. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now