Talk

Advanced search

other than pregnancy what would delay period?

(5 Posts)
forevermore Sun 24-Aug-08 10:22:25

My period is 5 days late...I am not pregnant (well used contraception and took a test - negative, just in case).
I started charting last few months to get ready for TTC after christmas. I am a very anxious person and would not have wanted to get pregnant b4 christmas so am extremely careful, therefore a few days b4 Af due I am really aware and anxious IYSWIMhmm.

i am wondering if this anxiety has now delayed AF? also I have lost a lot of weight recently, could this be a factor? I went to the gym five times last week (week Af due). this is unusual for me and only because i wanted to fit into a wedding outfit this weekendblush, could this have delayed it?

finally, I am now 32 and wondering if this is some sinister sign of infertility problems to come. please advise, i can't sleep now and my body is making me feel like AF is coming but it won't. P.s usually regular at evr 28 days now day 32!

nobodysfool Sun 24-Aug-08 10:29:28

Stress and rapid weightloss can both affect AF.
Are you sure your not preg though?May be worth doing another test just to be on the safe side.

ShowOfHands Sun 24-Aug-08 10:31:08

If you ovulated late or didn't ovulate (something that happens for no reason to most of us at some point) then that would delay your period.

beanieb Sun 24-Aug-08 11:28:10

Toni Weschler says that stress can effect your cycle but it's stress before you ovulate rather than after which delays ovulation. I.e if you are stressed now and have already ovulated your cycle shouldn't be effected. So have you been stressed about something earlier in your cycle which could have delayed ovulation?

forevermore Sun 24-Aug-08 11:39:46

i.m always stressedshock, working professional with a 3 year old, never affected AF before. the wierdiest thing is I feel like I am on my period and I am not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now