Talk

Advanced search

Please help me.Had anyone had a false positive with those clearblue trial pregnancy tests??

(106 Posts)
1wish Fri 22-Aug-08 09:05:03

Just tested this morning and it says - pregnant!! I don't believe it for a second I've been trying nearly 4 years and never even been a tiny bit pregnant and only had sex once this month. Help me please, I mean could it be a dodgy batch

Clearblue said they'd had no complaints so far, but that it is only 99% accurate, what's the chance of it being that 1%.

Sorry if i'm not making much sense but i can hardly breath never mind type!!

feedmenow Fri 22-Aug-08 09:07:03

1wish, I think you might have got your wish!!

V unlikely to be wrong as far as I know!

CONGRATULATIONS!

CaptainKarvol Fri 22-Aug-08 09:08:54

I think the 99% is about it picking up when you are pg, not telling you that you are, if you are not. AFAIK, you don't get false positives unless you are on some medications. The tests look for hgc in your urine. It's only there if you are pregnant. Congratulations, you're pregnantgrin

lulumama Fri 22-Aug-08 09:09:21

is your period late? it only takes one time to get pregnant ! much much rarer to get false positive, you need to have HcG in your system.. so tentative congratulations

Bucky2008 Fri 22-Aug-08 09:15:45

oooh, I don't even know you and I am soo excited. Congratulations, it doesn't sound like it is a false positive. grin. 4 yearsshock....I truly hope you got your wish this month. I've been trying a two and a half years, maybe I should get one of those test wink.

1wish Fri 22-Aug-08 09:16:32

Thanks for your quick responses. I'm on cd 34 but my cycles can be antyhing from 30- 40 days. Last bd about 3 weeks ago

I really don't believe it's correct, so i'm off to buy another one as soon as i stop shaking.

I only tested because i'm starting some new medication tommorrow, I didn't think for a second I would be. It came up after about a minute as well.

Arrgghh I don't know what to do

ScaryHairy Fri 22-Aug-08 09:20:42

Test again, of course.
But I do think you are pregannt, and it does only take one sperm!

Bucky2008 Fri 22-Aug-08 09:20:47

Definitely do another test to put your mind at rest. I am keeping all my fingers crossed for you!

Bucky2008 Fri 22-Aug-08 09:20:49

Definitely do another test to put your mind at rest. I am keeping all my fingers crossed for you!

ScaryHairy Fri 22-Aug-08 09:22:06

<<Waves at Bucky. I have my fingers crossed for you too, you know. >>

MmeLindt Fri 22-Aug-08 09:23:13

Crossing my fingers for you. Good luck!

and lol at a tiny bit pregnant

neolara Fri 22-Aug-08 09:34:57

How completely fantastic! I don't know you but I have a tear in my eye.

Test again, but I don't think you get false positives. Tests look for HCG and you only get this if you are pregnant.

1wish Fri 22-Aug-08 09:39:22

Thankyou all so much. Right I'm off to buy some different ones. I'll not hold my breath though, I know this is some weird trick clearblue is playing on me.

I'll be back grin

SparkyMalarky Fri 22-Aug-08 09:43:51

Is this the most exciting thread this morning?! Fingers crossed for you 1wish - am keeping my fingers crossed

LilRedWG Fri 22-Aug-08 09:44:32

Congratulations! False positives are so much rarer than false negatives!

SparkyMalarky Fri 22-Aug-08 09:45:35

(sorry - my post doesn't make any sense....am soo excited and I don't even know you!! )

Pinkjenny Fri 22-Aug-08 09:47:15

Congratulations!!!!

<<cracks open the non-alcoholic fizz>>

1wish Fri 22-Aug-08 10:20:21

OMFG!!! the second test has just come up BFP as well. Its lighter than the control line but it's pretty obvious (you don't have to hold it up to the light or anthing)

I still don't believe it and don't think I will till i get a blood test or something.

I keep thinking this is a dream and i'm going to wake up in a minute. I really don't understand it, i'm shaking.

I've got mild af cramps though and have had for about a week, I'll probably come on by the end of the day, you watch.

Flamesparrow Fri 22-Aug-08 10:23:44

grin

I don't know you and I'm welling up with this thread!!!

I always get mild cramps at the start of pregnancy wink

giraffescantdancethetango Fri 22-Aug-08 10:27:42

ooh I got all excited at this thread too congrats

1wish Fri 22-Aug-08 10:28:05

I was starting IVF in the next couple of months as well. I was only saying to dp last night, that i couldn't see the point in IVF because I know i'll never get pregnant grin

And how weird is this, two nights ago I dreamt that i got a bfp with that clearblue test, i can't believe it

beanieb Fri 22-Aug-08 10:28:37

Oh congratulations! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

myjobismum Fri 22-Aug-08 10:31:02

congratulations - enjoy that wonderful feeling - best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy smile

ScaryHairy Fri 22-Aug-08 10:31:11

Oh wow - I am so very pleased for you.
If you call your fertility clinic consultant I bet they would do a blood test for you if you want. Although you really don't need one.

Cramps are pretty normal for early pregnancy.

schneebly Fri 22-Aug-08 10:31:48

Oh how fantastic! 1wish I hope everything goes well for you my dear! Congratulations! <<teary>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now