Talk

Advanced search

What to do what to do

(14 Posts)
threekids Thu 21-Aug-08 21:15:41

Advice please!

I did post last week about thinking i might be pregnant, i have very strong symptoms but the odds really were against us actually being pregnant, based on the fact the DH had snip 5 years ago and we are NOT trying.

So last Sat started spotting, that was the day before my AF was due based on a not very clinical assumption that its 28 days long. Sun started spotting some more, and got cramps like AF was coming big time. Mon all hell broke loose and bled like hell, heavy bleeding carried on for longer than normal until Wed. Still spotting now, which is most unlike me, normally a three day person.

I did a Clearblue test on Tuesday and got a very faint BFP (and i mean faint) but though this was because i was bleeding so heavy. Still feel very tired and got massive veins on BB's and nasty metallic taste in mouth, so just though i would test again. Got another VERY VERY faint line within the 10 mins. Either i am going slightly mad or my body is doing some really really odd things. I have been getting some pain in my left side for the last three days too which i cant explain.

I feel like i should see a doc but what would i say?

Really looking for some words of wisdom to be honest.

heverhoney1 Thu 21-Aug-08 21:21:10

Not had this myself but my advice would be go see a doc soon and tell them exactly what you just told us. there are probably many things that it could be but if it is worrying you it is worth getting checked out ((((((huggs)))))

hester Thu 21-Aug-08 21:24:38

threekids, there are two possibilities I can think of. One is that you have miscarried, but still have levels of HCG high enough to register on a pregnancy test. The other is that you are pregnant.

Either way, I would try to get to an early pregnancy unit, if you have one with you. They can do a blood test which is more sensitive to HCG than urine tests. Just as importantly, they can do a scan - I'm slightly worried by the pain in your side, and wonder if you need to rule out an ectopic.

Good luck; I really hope that the outcome is the one you want.

threekids Thu 21-Aug-08 21:38:42

It was the pain that made me wonder, as i have been trying to put it out of my mind. I do worry though that if i go to the doc hes just going to dismiss me as being psychotic on the grounds that the probability of my having been pregnant and MC or still being pregnant are almost zilch.

I have been feeling under the weather off and on for some time now, and have been a couple of times with other problems, and now i think about it, it could all be linked. If my hubbys snip has "fixed" itself then there is a chance that i have been getting caught for a while hence my problems....I dont know. I do know that i am not in the right zone to have more children. Even though i go to the gym most days and try and keep myself relatively well, i smoke and on Friday nights only i have one too many glasses of wine to wind down from a busy week, and i drink way too much caffeine.

When we were trying for children many years ago i had in excess of 10 MC, and three healthy children...high odds to MC again?

hester Thu 21-Aug-08 22:46:35

I'm inclined to agree that a GP might not be as helpful as an early pregnancy unit, but if there's any chance of an ectopic (as there clearly is) it really needs checking up.

Pregnancy does sound possible but there may be something else going on altogether. I'm sorry - I know how horrible it is not knowing.... but I really think you need to get some medical advice.

Please do see someone tomorrow, and let us know how you get on. Good luck.

anniemac Thu 21-Aug-08 23:21:49

Message withdrawn

anniemac Thu 21-Aug-08 23:23:05

Message withdrawn

numpty1972 Thu 21-Aug-08 23:27:40

hi, im new to all this but i really need to find out if any of you know whether it possible to ovulate on cd9/10? if so ive been ttc wrong time every month!! does anyone know?

anniemac Thu 21-Aug-08 23:37:30

Message withdrawn

threekids Thu 21-Aug-08 23:43:13

I dont really have an answer for you sorry Numpty, as you can see i am not actively trying, i just love the name....that is what we call our DS smile

Hester i think your right, i will have to grit my teeth and go and see a Dr. Since i have been feeling pregnant i have been putting it off and putting it off.

Ekkkk twins that though kinda smarts a bit!!!!

anniemac Fri 22-Aug-08 00:29:14

Message withdrawn

nappyaddict Fri 22-Aug-08 01:36:37

hope all goes well at the doctors

threekids Fri 22-Aug-08 17:57:20

Update on my predicament!

Went to the doc. He was very good, listened to me and took me seriously.

Did a scan, and there is nothing there, which was to be expected and a great relief grin. BUT he has taken blood for testing HCG and will do another one next wed to check levels to see if I was. If i was the snip has fixed itself and we need to take the next step forward. I still have a metallic taste in mouth and boobs look a bit bigger and still veiny, and of course i had that very very faint + yesterday.

If it isnt that then we will take the next step and look at what my hormones are doing cause something aint right thats for sure.

BUT the bottom line is i am not at the moment which makes me very happy smile

hester Sun 24-Aug-08 21:39:15

Really pleased for you, three kids smile

numpty - it is definitely possible to ovulate as early as day 9. That's when i conceived my dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now