loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there any hope?

(5 Posts)
eleveld Thu 21-Aug-08 08:10:09

Feeling extremely down and fed up.

Am 39, TTC#1.

Have only been trying for 9/10 months but because of problems I've had with endo for years my gynae did the usual tests early.

Had a few 21 day blood test which indicated I wasn't ovulating.

Then my day 2 tests showed that my FSH was high (15.7). Gynae said I wasn't suitable for clomid and that, really, my only hope was IVF.

So got referred for IVF. Went for the initial appointment only to be told that, actually they probably wouldn't be ale to treat me because of my FSH levels. They have tested the levels the last two months and they have been 12.4 and 14.4 (they need to be under 10).

Saw the consultant yesterday and he is going to do the AMH test on me next month (meant to give more reliable indicator of ovarian reserve than FSH) but because my FSH has consistently been over 10 he is not expecting it to be good news. So that would be it from an IVF point of view (egg donor isn't an option for us).

So feel like have now run out of options of ever having a biological child.

Sorry for the moan, am just absolutely gutted at the moment.

Is there any hope?

Legoleia Thu 21-Aug-08 08:35:33

Eleveld -

I have no knowledge of conception difficulties, but wanted to let you know I have read your post and I am sorry to hear you're having a hard time and not getting the news you want at the moment.

All you can do is wait for the verdict, and go from there. Wishing you all the best xx

Heebychick Thu 21-Aug-08 09:00:26

Hi,

i wanted to offer my support too, i do have a cousin who had lots of problems and she was told they were too young for IVF. She did however have a child 2 years later naturally! Even though the Dr's told her she probably wouldn't.

I know all circumstances are different but i wanted to let you know there may still be hope.

Good luck with the results xx

eleveld Thu 21-Aug-08 09:11:06

Thankyou

I'm still hoping that it nay just happen naturally but then think that I'm kidding myself!

Thanks for your messages

ClairePO Thu 21-Aug-08 09:51:28

Good luck with the AMH test, I hope you get the results you need to progress through to IVF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now