Talk

Advanced search

Please help.. Early(ish) BFP - Ovarian Cyst :o/

(3 Posts)
MissyK Wed 20-Aug-08 21:22:47

I have got my bfp on a FR - though I was told I had an ovarian cyst in May this year & I'm unsure if it's gone or not as haven't had another scan as of yet. (it was found when in hospital for a kidney infection) Though while reading up I've seen that ovarian cysts can release hCG..
Does anybody think that this could be the case & I'm in fact not pg? hmm

hoxtonchick Wed 20-Aug-08 21:27:28

i'd ask for an early scan if i were you. i had a big (10 cm) ovarian cyst when pg with my 2nd child. they kept noting it on scans then not doing anything. it wasn't a problem at all, disappeared after the birth (well, it might not have done, i haven't had a scan since, but have had no problems. and it was so big you could feel it through my tummy. nice....). good luck, hope your pregnancy goes well.

MissyK Wed 20-Aug-08 21:30:57

Thanks
Glad yours didn't cause any problems, makes me feel a bit more at ease for if mine is still around, it was only around 4cms I think, but they could still feel it in May, they told me it should go but I'm not certain it has. Just hoping that's not the cause of my bfp!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now