Talk

Advanced search

Please help me to decide.

(9 Posts)
emalushka Wed 20-Aug-08 13:53:14

I'm a mum to 1 daughter age 11 months and am absolutely desperate for another baby, like, right now.
My dp says I have forgotten about all the sleepless nights and arguments about 'it's all your fault' and 'never again.' And reminds me about my horrendous labour.. but I'm so so broody. Why? I can feel my womb quivering as I type. Should I have another or is it too soon? Anyone got any advice/opinions?

theinsider Wed 20-Aug-08 13:57:00

Of course it's not too soon. Yes you've probably forgotton how bad it was but that's how mother nature works, otherwise noone would do it again. If you got pregnant straight away your gap would be 20 months, not that unusually small. Why not if you want to (and can persuade your dp!)?

And ignore any MNers who come along and say "Ooo you're going to do what a group of random strangers tell you are you?". Because there's bound to be at least one grin

emalushka Wed 20-Aug-08 13:59:27

Thank you. I think I just need some reassurance that having 2 little ones will be manageable. Hard work I know, but manageable.

clairebear88 Wed 20-Aug-08 15:04:08

Hi

My SIL had a dd and when she was 1 she fell pregnant again so dd was 21 months when ds arrived. My SIL has had a hard time but now they are nearly 3 and 13 months she is now talking about trying again. Couldnt have been that bad eh?

MKG Wed 20-Aug-08 15:26:53

I have a 36 month old old and a 15 month old. When dc3 comes in March ds2 will be 21 months. There is something about that gap that I love.

Go for it!

emalushka Wed 20-Aug-08 16:54:44

Thanks. I think I will. Bugger the practicalities of work and money. We'll be okay.

mum2jai Fri 22-Aug-08 00:16:41

We had 13 months between DC1 and DC2. And it was b*** hard work. But it can't have been that awful because we had DC3 when DC1 was 3.5 and DC2 was 2.5. And it's been fab! Hard work but fab!

Go with your instinct not what anyone tells you is right or wrong. We just lost DC4 at 21 weeks pregnant. So awful sad I can't tell you but, you know what, we think we might try again. A lot of people say we are mad. But if you feel that your family is incomplete and there's a member of your family missing from your kitchen table (which we especially felt before DC3), what are you going to do?

Good luck!

JayneF Fri 22-Aug-08 00:31:28

Yep,..I have 17mths between mine and it is hard work ...

but you adjust and you develop outines and strategies that suit you, And lots of folk have said to me that as hey grow it becomes easier and easier as the developmetal gap closes as they get older.

Hey, cannot be that bad or I would be flaked out in bed not catting here! (DS2 in only 5 months and with the second you know the ropes a little better)

inni Fri 22-Aug-08 10:29:15

My DS and DD have a gap of 21 months and my DS some times seems such a big boy, he is almost independent and will be going to school in two weeks so I'll be home with DD that is 12 months. Also we are TTC cos like small gap between them. Go for it. You will manage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now