Talk

Advanced search

calling all clomid users. Is it really working for you?

(5 Posts)
cam75 Tue 19-Aug-08 22:16:23

anyone on clomid cycle?

I am on cycle 4 but have upped my dosage to 100mg, it was 50 but i feel like nothing is happening. I have pcos and have been ttc for a long time.
I am trying to remain focus and faithfully but every month so far AF has made an apperance:O
i have 2 more cycles if this cycle fails. I have had a failed ivf don't want to do that again too stressful and we couldn't afford it. Is it going to happen? i am losing hope here

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 20-Aug-08 07:27:03

Hi cam75

Unfortunately clomid is not always successful for all PCOS patients. Are you being monitored whilst on it, it is important that you are. No monitoring is a no-no.

Who has prescribed the clomid, I am hoping its not your GP (such conditions should not be messed around with by GPs) but a gynae. I would now look into discussing further treatment options with the gynae, there are other things that can be tried for example injectible drugs to name but one. It is vitally important that you are monitored regularly and the three of you can work as a team.

Presumably IVF was originally used because there are male factor problems as well, having PCOS solely is not an absolute indicator for IVF unless all other treatment options have not worked.

www.verity-pcos.org.uk is a useful website to look at with regards to PCOS.

cam75 Wed 20-Aug-08 08:19:25

hi attilathemeerkat,

i was given clomid by my the fertlity nurse as i have been trying ttc for a little now.
Last year i had a lap and dye test and everything is fine. My dp sperm is fine it's just me
I have been monitored but i felt nothing was happening and asked to up the dose. I am going to the hospital friday to get scanned. Verity is a very helpful web site and helped me so much when i first got told i had pcos...
I pray something happens soon...
How are you?

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 20-Aug-08 08:39:55

Hi cam75

I'm okay, thank you for asking.

What were the findings of the lap op, were you followed up post op?. An operation called laparoscopic ovarian diathermy can sometimes be helpful for PCOS patients in that in this procedure the cystic follicles on the ovaries are punctured and this can kickstart ovulation.

I would now start asking about other treatment options for PCOS like injectibles, you should be seen by the cons gynae at a hospital subfertility unit regularly. They should be looking at other treatment options now for you in any event.

HTH

Attila

cam75 Wed 20-Aug-08 10:55:21

they found nothing and i had a follow up appoinment which confirmed what they told me after the op. My problem i believe is not ov which i am now with the help of clomid i am. I think i have not be active with the sex as much??? so i am going for gold this week and next week..
I asked my gp to ref me to the pcos hospital in london but she didn't? i asked for metformin to help with the weight lose and she never gave it to me, so the clinic gave it to me instead. I get what i want with alot of push!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now