Talk

Advanced search

About to TTC no two but have high BMI (30) due to pregnancy weight gain with DS. Will this hamper my chances?

(5 Posts)
PussinJimmyChoos Sun 17-Aug-08 22:37:36

Am 5ft 2" and was 10st pre DS. Gained 4st during pg and am now 12.5st.....about to start ttc no 2 and in a flap about my BMI being in the obese range!

MelT76 Mon 18-Aug-08 08:46:42

Im 5'4", 14 st (or was) so over 30 BMI, and ony took me 3 months. So not a prob as far as I was concerned.

Plus, have you seen in the news about the 40 st woman who has just had triplets? Don;t thin you have any probs if she can manage grin

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 18-Aug-08 20:13:39

elkiedee Mon 18-Aug-08 20:30:11

It took me 9 months the first time and I managed to get pregnant at first try this time round, somewhat to my surprise. I'm the same height and was weighed at nearly your weight on booking in. So it didn't stop me conceiving.

The annoying part was being put down for a Glucose Tolerance Test. On past experience I will probably still be affected by sickness/acid at 24 weeks and I need to be made to fast and then gulp down something horribly sweet without dry easy to keep down food twice in two hours.

First time round I didn't gain weight in pregnancy, was just fat to start with. Most people seemed to think I'd lost weight just before/during pregnancy (but I didn't know my weight beforehand, at booking in my BMI was 29+). Soon after I gave birth my weight dropped quite a bit but sadly it hasn't lasted.

PussinJimmyChoos Tue 19-Aug-08 19:44:09

Hmm is it routine to book you in for GTT if you are overweight then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now