Talk

Advanced search

Please help! Should I keep ttc? Very confused.

(3 Posts)
hurryhurry Sun 17-Aug-08 12:28:29

Hello - I hope someone will have some advice for me.

My GP said I have low progesterone (26.7) following day 21 tests & I have been referred to a fertility unit. The wait time is 3 months.

One question I stupidly forgot to ask my GP is this: should we keep ttc until the referral appointment? We've been all-out ttc for 9mths now following 2 years of unprotected sex & are both in our mid-30s.

If I'm lucky enough to get a BFP in the meantime am I only setting myself up for a fall as I'm more likely to miscarry with low progesterone? Should we take the risk?

I temp & use digital ovulation kits ... both suggest I'm ovulating as I do get positive OPKs and there is a clear temp rise. Also, my LP is fine - 13-14 days long.

I'd be very grateful for any advice ... especially as the business time of my cycle is rapidly approaching. Thank you for reading!

Moonlit Sun 17-Aug-08 12:51:26

Hi hurryhurry,

You should definitely keep trying. I think, I read there are drugs that they can give you to prevent MC if you have low progesterone. But if you get pregnant before your appointment, see you GP for advice ASAP.

HTH

Good luck!

Moonlit x

hurryhurry Sun 17-Aug-08 16:04:03

Hi Moonlit - that makes sense. Many thanks for your reply smile - much appreciated!

HH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now