Talk

Advanced search

ovulation pain ... wise mners help me out..

(3 Posts)
shreksmissus Thu 14-Aug-08 22:19:14

Message withdrawn

ScaryHairy Fri 15-Aug-08 09:59:07

Hi Shreksmissus smile

As I understand it, noone really know what causes ovulation pain. It could be the follicle swelling and the egg coming out of the ovary or it could be the fallopian tubes contracting to move the egg to the uterus. Either way, if you had sex late on Sunday and ovulated on Tuesday I would have thought you would be in with a chance (certainly if you were not ttc, you would be worried about that timing!). Did you notice when your CM dried up? That can be a big clue as to timing.

The other thing I should mention is that this sort of pain/discomfort could happen without ovulation then taking place, as has happened to me a few times. I think it is that everything is gearing up for ovulation and then for some reason (stress, travel etc) it doesn't happen.

I think stress can delay ovulation. I normally ovulate on CD16-18 and this cycle it was CD24 because I was packing and then schlepping my little family away for a holiday which was stressful. I would be surprised if stress impacts that much on conception but am prepared to be corrected.

Sorry not to be more help.

morningpaper Fri 15-Aug-08 10:03:08

agree with scaryhairy on all points

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now