Talk

Advanced search

A silly question but please can someone answer.....sorry if tmi included!!

(4 Posts)
LullyMummaOfOne Tue 12-Aug-08 14:57:22

Hi, i had a MC almost 4 weeks ago and im waiting for my period to arrive. I have been checking my EWCM for a good few days now to see if i will OV before my period comes.

The question i have is....
How can i tell if im OV if we have been having regular sex. I mean my knickers have been quite damp recently but this may be because of the loose sperm that comes out iyswim! Also as sperm can be quite yellowish and like jelly i am wondering if i can tell OV from old/fresh sperm.

I have treid OV test kits but have never really got on with them and i have other things i need to spend my money on at the moment.

Any suggestions??

beanieb Tue 12-Aug-08 14:59:28

if you can't afford OV kits then you could try taking your temperature each morning and recording it.

It will show you when your temperature rises. You have to do it for a couple of months as once you have detected the temp rise then you will already have ovulated.

try fertility freind

detoxdiva Tue 12-Aug-08 15:10:18

EWCM will be clear and stretchy - between your fingers or on tissue paper it will stretch for a few cm - sperm will not.

I use fertility friend to track my temps, but a temp rise indicates when you have ov'd while ewcm occurs in the lead up to ov. Have you looked on ebay? You can buy cheap ov tests on there - think I got a pack of 15 for few quid.

Good luck smile

LullyMummaOfOne Tue 12-Aug-08 15:16:13

Yep i have tried the Ebay ones but none of them worked, even the pregnancy tests showed negative readings when i was actutally pregnant. thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now