Talk

Advanced search

Am I testing too early...I know I am, but I'm feeling a bit miserable and could do with a kick up the bum...

(27 Posts)
EsmeWeatherwax Mon 11-Aug-08 15:55:56

Ok, af due either Friday or Sunday, last few cycles have been between 28 and 31 days. Tested this afternoon with a first response and got a BFN...have I still got hope, or am I kidding myself on here...

JLo2 Mon 11-Aug-08 17:48:26

A big virtual hug for you rather than a kick up the bum smile
Do you mean you are due AF this weekend coming? In which case you have definitely got a hope, First Response is only about 60% accurate that early (if that).

EsmeWeatherwax Tue 12-Aug-08 14:51:11

Cheers JLO, I know all this...sigh, just wanting it to happen NOW! Am trying to hold off testing again til Friday at the earliest....

JLo2 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:39:05

This is definitely the hardest bit, we can all understand what you're going through. I have to not keep any tests in my house otherwise I'd be testing every other day and it would cost me a fortune grin
Good luck smile

HeadFairy Tue 12-Aug-08 17:40:31

I'm on cd 28 and never had a cycle longer than 28 days so I'm holding out to friday too Esme... Keep in there, distract yourself with something.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 12-Aug-08 17:45:34

do not test anymore, come and join us on the step away from the first response thread, will locate it for you, its too early to test now. wait until sunday. do you have any idea when you ovd?

OracleInaCoracle Tue 12-Aug-08 17:46:46

here

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 13-Aug-08 10:03:37

Headfairy, am distracting myself by not taking any tests into work, so I can't sneak off to the loo during the day. Have only one left at home anyway, so trying to save it for when it really matters...

HeadFairy Wed 13-Aug-08 13:25:19

Oh good luck holding on. I haven't decided when I'm going to test. I'm on cd29 now but I've only had two periods since ds was born, they were 28 days apart (as my cycle was pre-ds) but someone else on here said that it's quite common for it to take a while for them to settle down. My only flicker of hope is that I'm peeing like a demon blush!

HeadFairy Thu 14-Aug-08 18:01:46

oops, don't need to test now. Period started last night. Good luck with your 2ww! I hope you get a bfp!

EsmeWeatherwax Thu 14-Aug-08 21:20:17

Awww, sorry to hear that Head fairy...next month awaits!

I'm still holding off, fully expecting af tomorrow, no symptoms at all!

HeadFairy Sat 16-Aug-08 19:06:09

How's it going esme? any sign?

EsmeWeatherwax Sun 17-Aug-08 21:25:10

Hi headfairy, no sign of af yet, but I've suddenly become iron willed, i.e. run out of tests, so I'm not testing again until Tuesday. I've got the freebie clearview one mind you. But I will be strong!

HeadFairy Mon 18-Aug-08 08:38:38

No news is good news, Good luck for tomorrow, please let me know either way x

EsmeWeatherwax Mon 18-Aug-08 13:25:28

Hi headfairy, was going to leave it til tomorrow again, but just couldn't! And its a BFP! I didn't use the digital, and its quite faint...but I guess a line's a line!

beanieb Mon 18-Aug-08 13:35:50

OH - Congratulations! smile

EsmeWeatherwax Mon 18-Aug-08 13:43:16

Thank you!

clairey80 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:22:45

hey, newbie here!!

hubby and i have just started trying, have no idea when to test, we actually started without contraception about 10 days ago so any ideas?? period due in about a week, kind of feeling faint period pains........so new to this i have no idea!!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 18-Aug-08 15:24:13

clairey, put off testing as long as possible. at least until your period is due. welcome to mn and good luck!

clairey80 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:29:36

thank you, i'll wait..........hard though!! its not too likely it'll happen in the first month anyway is it????

OracleInaCoracle Mon 18-Aug-08 15:33:18

its as likely to happen in the first as any other grin have a browse around the conception board and get stuck in, there are loads of us in the same boat!

clairey80 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:37:13

will do, thanks!!

EsmeWeatherwax Mon 18-Aug-08 16:20:42

Clairey, Its happened for me in the first month twice, so you never know. I'd definitely wait until the first day your period is due, if not later, I've been getting negatives until today, which is the day after period was due.

HeadFairy Tue 19-Aug-08 19:48:03

Esme, been away from the computer, sorry about that, that's great news about your bfp!! congratulations!!!

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 20-Aug-08 11:17:29

Thank you! Good luck to you for this month too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now