Talk

Advanced search

LATE PERIOD BUT NEGATIVE PREGANCY TESTS!

(9 Posts)
Dodie Sun 13-Feb-05 10:21:19

Hi I'm new to this board but need some advice!
I am now 3 days late and have done the clear blue and first response tests on the 1st day of my missed period, however they both came back negative. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me
It's my 1st month of trying to conceive and I very much doubt we would be lucky enough to fall 1st time.
I haven't been stressing over whether I am or not so can't put the lateness down to anxiety etc. Helllllllllp! xxx

munnzieb Sun 13-Feb-05 10:31:32

well i'd say give it a few days and test again, althou some ppl don't have a BFP until a week or so late, the tests can actually be neg right until 8 weeks PG.

Lonelymum Sun 13-Feb-05 10:39:49

Even though you say you aren't stressing about it, you are obviously conscious of ttc so that may have delayed your period a bit.

Dodie Sun 13-Feb-05 10:40:12

really!?!? Wow I'm getting kinda excited now! I feel hideously nauseous at the moment and have done for 3/4 days I put it down to eating something funny but now I'm not so sure!
Hubby wants me to test tomorrow morning so hopefully we'll get the result we want!
Thanks for your advice I feel a lot more positive that their isn't something up with my internal organs now!

biglips Sun 13-Feb-05 10:47:56

when you do your pg test, you do another one 3 day after to make sure

misdee Sun 13-Feb-05 10:49:24

my sister was having negative tests for ages. even the hospital blood test was negative. she had a scan done soon after the 1st positive test and she was 10weeks pregnant.

Dodie Sun 13-Feb-05 10:49:28

Will do biglips! The HCG hormone takes a little while longer in some people than others doesn't it?

biglips Sun 13-Feb-05 14:59:17

gud luck!

Dodie Sun 13-Feb-05 15:12:12

thanks Mate!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now