Talk

Advanced search

I'm having a meltdown over fears of testing.

(18 Posts)
broodymom Thu 07-Aug-08 22:03:08

I have namechanged for this post

This may sound off the wall or another am i arn't i but i am truely in complete irrational meltdown and have nowhere to turn.

I'm 30 and have 2 dds with my dp we have been trying for #3 since i had my coil removed last oct. last dec i got a bfp with a clear blue digital and a couple of days later bfns and loads of them (i think this was a false +) i was completely heartbroken and spent a fortune over the next few weeks on tests taking them apart deperate to find a line so sad i know. I made a pact with myself that i would never touch another test coz if i was pg i'll soon know right?

My cycles are usually33-35 days with 1 39 (thats the month i got bfp) my last af was 22nd of june so that makes me cd 47 I can't face a test the thought of it makes me ill. for the past 2 weeks ive had constant nausea and have been sick from wretching for the first time 2day. for weeks ive had cramp like af but nothing and constipation sore boobs (thats gone now) headaches no appitite at all,ive started feeling that mabe i'm imagining everthing and i'm driving myself insane. what if i test and its bfn then that means there is something wrong with me... i cant tell my bf as she and her hubbie are in the process of ivf and i dont want to burden her and i cant tell dh cos hes stressed at work and and i dont want to add to that.. i'm sorry for this long boring post and i dont even know what i'm expecting anyone to say excent just test! to be honest i'm thinking of leaving it untill the end of this month and if af is still now show then test.....i'm having a meltdown and prob not fit to have another child sorry to whoever reads this xx

pinkspottywellies Thu 07-Aug-08 22:10:40

Couldn't read this and not reply. Nothing helpful to say I'm afraid but wanted to offer you support.

I guess it comes down to what's the worst that can happen? If you test you'll know one way or the other. You can't change what it might say but you can find out.

These piss covered bits of gauze have so much power over people!! It's very sad (Not trying to be flippant by the way).

I hope you feel better soon (emotionally and physically) and decide what to do.

MegBusset Thu 07-Aug-08 22:12:49

Oh poor you sounds like you are really going through the mill over this.

Have you got a sympathetic GP you can go and chat to?

MegBusset Thu 07-Aug-08 22:13:51

I'm sure your DH wouldn't want you to be so stressed and worried without confiding in him, can you get him to hand hold (metaphorically or even literally!) while you test?

georgimama Thu 07-Aug-08 22:16:18

I always tell people not to test until their period (sorry, can't do this AF business, this is not 1952) is at least a week late. You are well beyond that, there is no answer other than to test - you are at least 7 days late. You are already in knots so what is the worst that can happen?

I do know this pain, took 18 months to get PG with DS and every month when my period came I felt so horrific. Really hope its the BFP you want.

broodymom Thu 07-Aug-08 22:16:20

Thanks i know its just being silly my life hanging on the balance of a pee stick! but i'm so emotionally drained if i get bfn i think i will call a halt to ttc as it is really taking its toll. thanks for the reply xx

nauseous Thu 07-Aug-08 22:35:12

Broodymom you sound really rough. I really feel for you. I know how crucial the testing is for you, but I'd also speak to your DH, he'd only get it in the neck if you don't confide in him! (He would if it were my DH) Sounds like you need some rest and TLC. Good luck with your decision and look after yourself.

broodymom Thu 07-Aug-08 23:03:17

Thanks i think i will tell him 2mrw, we are doing the asda run 2mrw night so i might brave the test isle blushfingers crossed x

broodymom Sun 10-Aug-08 23:39:54

Hi just wanted to tell you that i did a test and it was bfp thanks for your help.xx

beanieb Sun 10-Aug-08 23:44:11

Oh congratulations grin so glad to hear this.

broodymom Sun 10-Aug-08 23:53:48

Thanks still shaking shock but over the moon and feeling silly to have put off for so long!

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 10-Aug-08 23:54:22

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and soooo pleased you got a bfp!!! Mega congrats!

broodymom Sun 10-Aug-08 23:56:27

Awww thanks xx

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 10-Aug-08 23:58:12

smile

<why am I still on here??! I've got work tomorrow!! shock >

broodymom Mon 11-Aug-08 00:00:49

lol its addictive xx

minouminou Mon 11-Aug-08 00:06:17

fantastic....i knew you were!

MegBusset Mon 11-Aug-08 07:56:01

Yay

broodymom Mon 11-Aug-08 16:40:00

lol thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now