Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought fertitlty drugs on line?????

(10 Posts)
cp3 Sat 12-Feb-05 14:49:53

Mother nature is so cruel sometimes and i really feel for anyone who has problems concieving. Ive been trying since ttc 9 thread with a little break. But that desperate need for another child has returned.It takes over your life.

Has anyone been so desperate that they ordered Fertitlty drugs on line to boost thier chances.

Moomin Sat 12-Feb-05 14:56:49

really wouldn't reccommend it, cp3. can't you go through your gp and get referred?
i only say don't try it because everyone reacts to hormones in very different ways. i presume you're talking about something like clomid? when on clomid you need to be scanned ideally as you could produce way too many eggs which is very dangerous. you could suffer from side effects or a bad reaction to the drug. in my case it caused blood-filled cysts in my ovaries which made things worse for a while.
i know how heartbreaking ttc can be - dh and i have been ttc for just over 2 years now. if you can, go to see our gp for a referral.
good luck x

Cristina7 Sat 12-Feb-05 14:59:23

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you do, make sure you read all the necessary advice for their use. Clomid, for example, in rare cases gives ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and if you have symptoms of this you'd need to let your GP know asap.

I don't know your particular circumstances, but you can ask for a referral if you've been trying to conceive for more than 1 year (6 months if over 35). See the RCOG's guidelines on this too (at www.rcog.org.uk).

Good luck and take good care.

cp3 Sat 12-Feb-05 15:04:20

I dont think i would. It was just a thought, one of those mad thoughts that us women get. Im very lucky and have a teenager and two toddlers, so am extremeley grateful. I really feel for others that have been trying for years. especially beckif who also seems to have been trying for years. But theese emotions and thoughts are uncrontollable iyswim. Everymonth is a let down, your imagination runs riot, but i dont need to tell you that moomin as you know exactly what i mean.

Good luck with trying. Ill keep my eye out for you.

Cristina7 Sat 12-Feb-05 15:04:21

Just to add that in the case of Clomid there isn't yet an exact protocol for its use, some doctors use it on days 1-5, others 2-6, 3-7, 4-9. Ovulation usually occurs 14-19 days after the last pill, so much later than usual. If you time intercourse (rather than ttc every other night starting at the latest one week after LMP) you'd need to take this into account. In other words, read as much as you can about it, but there's lots of info out there and some seems contradictory. Probably better to do it under a doctor's supervision. (Private consultations are £80-100 in London.)

cp3 Sat 12-Feb-05 15:07:30

Im 37 and its been nearly a year of trying. We did give up for a few months to save our relationship, i even convinced my self i didnt want another, but we both want this so much. You vany hide from it.

MancMum Sat 12-Feb-05 15:40:27

totally understand how you feel - but why get drugs online and pay for them when you can get them from doctors for free (assuming you are UK based?)

Also, the side -effects of these drugs can be quite horrible -- I speak as someone who went quite barmy on chlomid... you should be monitored when on these drugs and as you can only use them for a limited amount of time, why waste those months when you might be doing them wrong?

I know exactly hhow you feel as it took me 18 months to conceive first and IUI for second but I had feb help from GP and clinics so please go with them....

cp3 Sat 12-Feb-05 15:50:00

The reason i thought of buying on line was because i would feel a fraud asking the doctors for help. There are millions of women who are trying for thier first and i have three so it doesnt seem fair that i should be moaning.

I have had gynae problems since my ds so that is prob why having problems concieving but the docter has just said it will take time for my body to get back to normal as been through alot the past few years.

I wont order anything i dont want to risk my health. What about chinese herbs???

Cristina7 Sat 12-Feb-05 15:56:56

Cp3, you're not a fraud. You feel what you feel, you want/need a baby. The doctor isn't there to judge you on what or how you should be feeling. If you have trouble conceiving then that's what he's there to address. Give it a try, he'll need good reasons to refuse to assess you. Secondary subfertility, in women who already have previous children, is a well-recognised medical condition, not something you always ignore.

MancMum Sat 12-Feb-05 16:38:52

you are not a fraud at all... you have the right to medical treatment if you want to get your family no matter how many kids you want... My doctor was fab when I went back after I had DS -- she was very welcoming and said she had been expecting me and never made any comments about having a child already should mean I had no need/right to more..

As for herbs, did go thru a lot of these when I was TTC -- all tasted foul -- however, have heard good things about agnus castus -- but does depend on exactly what your issues are -- think that is good for balancing hormones... I also found acupuncture helpful.. well I did get pg the month I had it so could be biased!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now