Talk

Advanced search

pregnancy tests

(8 Posts)
wanaBmama Thu 07-Aug-08 17:11:19

Has anyone ever had a false negative with "first response" test taken 5 days before period due?

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:06:35

5 days early might be a bit keen.

I've had a very, very faint positive this early but you'd be better waiting until your period is due or a few days late.

wanaBmama Thu 07-Aug-08 18:12:04

Thanks for the tip, know I was keen just was excited there was a test that claims you can see results 5 days early! Will never do it again....

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:27:03

Yes, if you read the leaflet carefully, it states something along the lines of a 63% detection rate. That means that for 37% of pregnant women, the result will be a false negative. That is 10 women out of every 27!

I took a first response last week - negative. Did it again yesterday, and positive.

belgo Thu 07-Aug-08 18:30:44

Congratulations Lou.

I agree with the others, wait until your period is due or preferably a few days late for an accurate result without you wasting your money on these tests that claim results so early in your cycle.

Good luck wanabmama!

wanaBmama Thu 07-Aug-08 19:16:19

Thank you all! Your comment lou gave me hope though. Knew I shouldn't have taken the test early...We shall see. Going to try and not become a test addict.

babyinbelly Fri 08-Aug-08 15:07:14

I had a pregnant 'feeling' before due on but was too scared to take test early. despite having been trying. Deliberatly waited till i was late to avoid dissapointment.
Glad i did cos such a waiting game being pregnant you don't want to make it seem longer by finding out early!

wanaBmama Fri 08-Aug-08 17:20:00

congratultions babyinbelly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now