Talk

Advanced search

Bfp+period=please help

(16 Posts)
AbstractMouse Thu 07-Aug-08 14:01:06

Hi all, I got a bfp (faint) on saturday CD27, I then started bleeding 5 minutes later. As far as I know this was a period and I just got on with it, stopped bleeding yesterday although still having brown tinged cm (I know tmi) but my boobs have stayed big and feel a bit icky so did an internet midstream test. Well it's still a bfp, line is still quite light but no squinting or tilting required.

Don't know what to think really, should I get a clearblue digital or just wait a few days and use my last remaining cheapie. AAAAAAAAAargh why isn't anything simple.

beanieb Thu 07-Aug-08 14:02:41

I would get a clearblue but not a digital as I thik they are not as sensitive. Good luck smile sounds like you may well be pregnant.

Was the bleeding at the same time you were expecting your period?

wasabipeanut Thu 07-Aug-08 14:03:19

Implantation? Perhaps try a clearblue in a couple of days?

AbstractMouse Thu 07-Aug-08 14:06:46

yes the bleeding was day af due, don't think it could be implantation though? It was similar in volume to period bleeding, thought implantation was just spotting?

Could it just be a chemical pregnancy, don't want to get mt hopes up.

roseability Thu 07-Aug-08 14:07:41

I am going through a similar experience. Have had a few very faint positives on FR tests. This morning had spotting and painful cramps. Waiting to go to the doctors this afternoon. If you have had another positive, then I think you can assume you are still pregnant and everything is fine. I think multiple testing drives you mad! I want to do another test but sick of spending money on the damn things! Hoping doctor can put my mind at ease.

Congratulations BTW. You are pregnant, a line is a line. Oh and with my first pregnancy which resulted in my beautiful DS (now 2.4) I had quite a heavy bleed at 4-5 weeks (although I thought I was 6 weeks)

AbstractMouse Thu 07-Aug-08 14:15:24

Good luck roseability hope the dr can put your mind at rest. Wish I had the strength of character to just wait and see, but I will probably get another test lol

AbstractMouse Thu 07-Aug-08 16:55:12

Oh well clearblue digital says......pregnant! But I'm still not going to get my hopes up, feel v crampy and still spotting, but although I'll probably have an early m/c good to know for definate.

roseability Thu 07-Aug-08 17:46:35

Doctor was very rude and unhelpful, wouldn't even do a test. Came out very upset and went straight to pharmacy to purchase ANOTHER test (clearblue). Did it in Tescos (classy) thought it was negative on first viewing and also bleeding heavier. Presumed it was over, phoned DH and he came home from work armed with FR tests (bless him). We had another look at clearblue test and it is clearly positive but because it is passed recommended time limit, could be evaporation line. Did another FR faint, faint positive. Argh! I am in absolute turmoil and my poor DS (2.4) is picking up on the vibes.

I am presuming it is over but have a glimmer of hope as both these tests have been done late in the day after about the 50 millionth pee and numerous cups of tea! As I said 2 chemical pregnancies would be a real bastard. I am not a very emotionally strong person. Keep me updated Abstract, it looks hopeful for you to be honest.

AbstractMouse Thu 07-Aug-08 20:05:35

Sorry to hear about your rubbish dr rose, a glimmer of hope for you though, I have never had a strong + with fr, even with ds, and I find their faint bfp's to be taking faint to the extreme.

It's such a nightmare isn't it, not knowing. Even if this isn't a chemical pg the stress and worry is gonna do me in I think.

roseability Thu 07-Aug-08 20:49:15

I really didn't know what an emotional rollercoster ttc is until now. We conceived our DS first month and apart from bleeding in the first weeks it was a trouble free pregnancy. Oh and I had strong positive FR tests from the start with DS.

The bleeding has subsided a bit althouhg i don't feel pregnant anymore. I have one more test left. Should be sensible and wait and see if bleeding stops then test but will probably be up first thing in the morning, clutching said test praying for a stronger line!

Alibobster Fri 08-Aug-08 14:15:08

Roseability, I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. Same thing happened to me and it's very upsetting and stressful. I had positive hpt and bleeding so I was referred to EPU, who did a scan. Unfortunately i had a very early miscarriage. The levels of HCG produced do take a while to leave your systmen and I was still getting + results 2 weeks after being told of misscarriage I'm sorry to be so pessimistic and I really hope you have a good outcome. I'm disgusted by the Dr's response. Do you have a nearby hospital or maternity unit you could ring. In the circumstances I would have thought they had to see you - they can carry out scans from as early as 5 weeks I believe. Good luck x

AbstractMouse Fri 08-Aug-08 14:58:09

When did you get your bfp Alibobster? If you don't mind me asking? Also what was your cycle like afterwards, did you ov as normal or later.

Sorry for the questions but it's driving me mad.

roseability Fri 08-Aug-08 15:40:39

Hi there

Unfortunately I had a negative test this morning (well I thought I could see a line but only by tilting and squinting in a bright window for ages and I don't really think that constitutes a +ve) and I am now bleeding a lot heavier with very painful cramps.

I am very upset and have called off work tonight (supposed to do a night shift as I am a nurse). I feel a bit of a fraud but this is the second month in a row this has happened to me and I am too emotionally delicate to face work.

I hope this is just bad luck and not something more sinister. AbstractMouse I really am praying for you. Don't be put off as you are still getting positive tests.

Joy27 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:23:15

So sorry this is happening to you.
If I were you I would get down to my early pregnancy unit. I spoke to a horrible GP who told me that he "didn't have the resources to discuss women's menstrual cycles"(!)- this was when I thought I was having a miscarriage- turns out I was right. You've had positive pregnancy tests (even tho you've since had negative) and you're bleeding- surely that's enough basis for your EPU to take some blood tests, measure your hormone levels and do whatever they need to do to find out what's going on, and if not put your mind at rest, at least clarify what is going on.
If you can face it, it might help you.
I do hope you get some answers soon. And I'm sorry again that you're having such a hard time.
x

roseability Fri 08-Aug-08 16:34:33

Thanks Joy

I feel pretty miserable. I was off work last month with the same issue. I told my boss what was going on. I am going to make an appt with a different GP next week.

Alibobster Sun 10-Aug-08 14:58:43

AbstarctMouse, so sorry for late reply, not been on mumsnet all weekend. The weird thing with mine was I tested on what I thought was my due date and got a negative; 2 days later my normal period came. It was 2 weeks after that I was very bloated and have craming pains and I don't know why but something made me do a hpt and it was a positive! To this day i'm still not sure what was going on and why I got negative then positive after bleeding. Unfortunately since them my cycles have been all over the place ranging from 24 to 35 days. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now