Talk

Advanced search

Temping Buddies Lucky Number 13...

(856 Posts)
londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 13:14:14

Message withdrawn

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 13:16:01

Lottie, talking of which, did you see that I have 22 available for takers? Can split if more than one of you would like them x

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 13:16:21

Oh, and would love to read your super long post!!

lastboxoftampons Thu 07-Aug-08 13:38:27

Ah, I didn't realize we were on number 13!!!! shock Thanks for starting the new thread.

Confession time - I had spotting earlier that I rummaged for (I know, Lottie, I know!) but it's completely gone again. I think I probably ov'd on CD22 and I'm on CD9 which would mean AF will be here tomorrow or Saturday. I'd be cool with it because it would mean I didn't ov too much later than my normal ov date and I did have a ton of EWCM, which we were just unforutnately unable to take advantage of. And I haven't really had any un-poked for spotting yet, which I think is a good thing at 9dpo (for me at least!) So, outcome is, I'm going to go have some sushi!

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 13:46:40

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 13:47:26

Message withdrawn

lastboxoftampons Thu 07-Aug-08 14:40:34

Right - I will will my body not to menstruate! grin <squeezing my eyes super tight a la Hiro in Heroes!>

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 16:19:38

No takers for my lonely OPKs? I thought I'd give you girls first dibs before offering them out to the wider MN world. Will wait till tomorrow to see what you girls want to do with them.

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 16:21:30

Message withdrawn

BrightSideOfLife Thu 07-Aug-08 16:30:38

Hello all!! Just wanted to show my face on the new thread. Thanks for starting it Lottie!!

Admittedly, the image of Lottie & Lastbox's collective rummaging has made me slightly nervous already grin

lou thanks for the offer of the OPK's, I am finishing my current box and then don't intend to do anymore. I just don't seem to get on with them? I never get a positive, despite all my other symptoms confirming OV? (I didn't get even a positive the month I got pregnant!)

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 16:31:54

Message withdrawn

BrightSideOfLife Thu 07-Aug-08 16:38:01

...am picturing that Carphone Warehouse advert with the abandoned mobile phone handsets...doomed to a lonely existance...

But with 20 heart-broken OPK's wandering the streets instead grin

Lou, I hope you find a home for them soon!

lastboxoftampons Thu 07-Aug-08 16:55:39

Oh, no, I also have to decline sad Poor little OPKs! Like BSOL, I'm not really an OPK fan. I've got a CBDigi thing and I just bought a box of the Persona sticks to use as refills this month, but I don't imagine I'll continue with them afterward.

lastboxoftampons Thu 07-Aug-08 17:06:54

OMG, I'm just going to burst into tears here! You know I was visiting my family in New York last week? Well my 3 1/2 year old nephew is just adorable and whenever I'm there we have a great time playing (Probably becuase I'm just as immature as him smile). He's really very smart - I'm not being biased here! - and has a very vivid little imagination, he's mad about trucks, cars, etc. He knows that I live in London and that I have to take and airplane to come visit. This time, when my parents drove me to the airport, they took him with them and the whole experience was visibly the most exciting thing that's ever happened to him in his whole little life grin Anyway, my brother said that each night he's been putting a little airplane on his night table before he goes to bed. When they asked him why, he said it's because he misses Aunt Farah. sad OMG, how precious is he??? (never mind being a little suck up wink)

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 17:10:49

Message withdrawn

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:36:40

<<sniff sniff>>

Lottie - well you might feel sorry for my OPKs, but we don't need your sympathy, oh no. We will find a grateful recipient who is foolish enough happy to accept internet cheapies.

Brightsideoflife - I hope that image stays with you and makes you a better person. Poor, poor OPKs, cold and lonely, just wanting to alert someone to their heightened fertility.

LBOT - I have to confess, persona is the way to go. We conceived DD2 with it, but of course you need to be having periods for it to be reliable. So I resorted to cheap OPKs

grin

It's a good thing I didn't buy them for their resale value, lol.

I will hold out till tomorrow afternoon for SesQal, then let the world at large know they are available. You watch them beat my door down!

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:37:40

And there was me offering to split them, such as I imagined demand to be shockwink

SesQal Thu 07-Aug-08 19:22:37

Ses to the rescue of the OPKs!!!......

I'm here and I'll have you! ANYTHING!!! I'm having a desperate to be pregnant day - one of those where everywhere you look there's pregnant people and I WANT TO BE ONE!!!

[Sorry that sounds really awful and Lou (and anyone else with BFPs) it's aimed at RL. In a funny way I'm always really pleased for the BFPs on here as we all try and share together.]

<Ses tries to return to sanity>

Anyway, let me know what you want for them and what's the best way to give you my address??

LBOT - I share your frustrations about not being able to take advantage of ov. I'm hoping this month that will be ok. I'm still holding out for you this cycle as it's never over until TEW gets you! Same goes for you Lottie too!

lou031205 Thu 07-Aug-08 21:35:23

SesQaaaaalllll <<faith is restored in the value of OPKs offered>> If you would like to email your address to:

lou031205 at googlemail dot com (obviously in email convention)

I will gladly send them to you. Don't worry about your name if you are shy, I can address them to SesQal. No cost - I would have used them all if I hadn't had my BFP, so it makes no odds.

I'm just happy they have found a loving home <<sniff sniff>>

SesQal Thu 07-Aug-08 21:55:13

Thank you lou! Have just tried to email you my details so hope you get it ok!

They will be well looked after used grin

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 22:29:09

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 22:29:29

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 22:30:07

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 22:36:38

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Thu 07-Aug-08 22:36:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now