Talk

Advanced search

When should i test again?

(5 Posts)
petal68 Wed 06-Aug-08 13:59:59

Hi all,

Fairly new here but could do with some advice. I have been off the pill for 2 and a half years but this is my first month actively ttc.

I have had fairly regular 28/29 day cycles until the last 3 months when they have been 31,31 and then 38 days long last month - could this be anything to do with my age - i'm 40 shortly and feel like everything is slowing down!

Anyway I'm now on cd31 this month and have had symptons for a week, odd pains and cramps low down, sore boobs, going to the loo more. I've got two children already but youngest is nine so cant remember everything about those first few weeks! Tested this morning with a first response test but BFN - could this have been too soon?

Should i wait until past CD38 before i test again? It is making it very difficult to concentrate on work at the moment thinking about this all the time!

Any advice please

Livvigirl Wed 06-Aug-08 17:00:59

HI, I have 2 friends who have recently announced their pregnant, and both had taken tests after their due date for a period, and both tests came back negative, one friend actually did 2 tests 7 days apart and both were negative, so I would wait a little longer as you might get another negative reslt, when you are actually pregnant!! with all those symptoms sounds like you are anyway! :0)

belgo Wed 06-Aug-08 17:04:05

I would try and forget about it for another five days or so.

petal68 Thu 07-Aug-08 09:18:19

Hi,

Thanks for that - will have to resist testing until next week and hope AF doesnt arrive in the meantime.

Half the time I think I'm imagining these symptons and it's all in my head - the power of thought!

Sorry not to reply to you sooner - went to visit a friend and her three day old baby last night who was lovely. She didnt know she was pregnant until she was 32 weeks - went for a blood test for something else and they told her she was expecting at the age of 35 - so there's hope for me yet!

Thanks again

belgo Thu 07-Aug-08 10:03:12

good luck petal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now