Talk

Advanced search

depo injection

(4 Posts)
ebbonie Tue 05-Aug-08 07:51:15

hi i ahd the depo for nearly two years had last one in april periods still have nbot returned. What i was wonderin if anyone knows if you can still ovulate without these and can fall pregnant as i know peole can fall on the depo injection but did know if it is possible to still ovulate

happyfaceschildcare Tue 05-Aug-08 08:25:56

Hi I to had the depo injection only had 3 shots of it and I still have no periods after 6 months, I've heard some awful stories and wish this was explained to me by my doctor before I had the shots as I wouldn't have ! I don't know if you'd be ovulating without having periods maybe you should speak to your doc, most of the stories I've heard the periods return first but without ovulation, I have been reading up on the internet and there are some herbel remidies you can take to help ovulation don't know if they work yet as I've only just started trying them but if you want to have a go,
Raspberry leaves (you can get these in herbel tea)
Grapefruit juice
Yam Root (from the health food store)
and Soya products
I'm not trying for a baby just yet but want my body back to normal, evil stuff that depo it should defo be explained better before it's given out !
Good luck to you hope everything works out for you x

sue10 Fri 26-Sep-08 16:27:05

This is hust awful, i didnt know that having depo injections could do this! The consultants really should explain this before we agree to having them!!!
XXX.

wtfhashappened Fri 26-Sep-08 16:32:36

my periods stopped for 2 years after I had the last depot injection. I ended up on clomiphene and clomid to try and menstruate and ovulate again - but fell pg after only 3 months of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now