Talk

Advanced search

So...how long does an egg last once its been released?

(11 Posts)
PussinJimmyChoos Mon 04-Aug-08 19:16:46

DH says three days, I'm positive its no more than 48 hours....

Not that its an issue this month...he isn't in the mood!! sad

WorzselMummage Mon 04-Aug-08 19:20:49

i think about 12 hours is the norm, 24 hours possibly.

Flightputsonahat Mon 04-Aug-08 19:21:04

He is wrong, you are right...it's max 48 hours and usually around half that I believe - maybe even as few as 12.

HTH! smile

Spoim last max 7 days or so I am told...

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 04-Aug-08 19:23:09

Bollox...no chance of seducing him and possibly catching it then.....<sigh>

I confess I am annoyed...I've cut right down on my anti depressants ready for ttc...I'm off the pill and have bitching ovulation pains and then he decides he's stressed and so not in the mood and would prefer to wait until next month...

WorzselMummage Mon 04-Aug-08 19:26:38

Men can be real shits.

angry

yellowflowers Mon 04-Aug-08 19:29:52

well if you've got nothing to lose can you not have a huge strop and cry - currently no chance of sex and if big row then some chance of make up sex...

WorzselMummage Mon 04-Aug-08 19:33:28

^^ sounds like a plan to me grin

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 04-Aug-08 20:21:05

Nope.....will not work...he's very focused on us waiting until he is less stressed..I could of course try to wake him up in the night for sleepy sex but that feels wrong....

I'm really cheesed off now...

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Mon 04-Aug-08 20:24:17

upto 36 hours, maybe a bit more as they now say that it can last longer than previously ever thought.

anniemac Mon 04-Aug-08 20:34:56

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 04-Aug-08 20:45:34

'tis a pain in the arse...he knows I'm ovulating/off pill etc as we agreed it all so for him to back track a bit is so angry...he did say next month would be a possibility but I'm like ffs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now