Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleed?

(15 Posts)
confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 01:52:04

Hi hoping someone with a bit more knowledge than me can help me with this!
Basically I have had a bleed that lasted 4 days(normal period 7-10 days) and was pretty unusual, not so much light, I did need to use a towel but very pink! sorry if tmi!!
I went to see my Dr today about something completely unrelated and mentioned it to her and she said It sounds like an implantation bleed, and was pretty convinced that I'm pregnant!
I'm a bit confused about it, because I had an implantation bleed when preg with dd but it was very very light spotting and lasted only a few hours.
Can it last for that long and be reasonably heavy??
Also my last 'normal' period ended only a week before this bleed started, I did have unprotected sex in that time, and admittedly have no idea when I ovulate but how likely is it that I could have fallen within that time!?

Sorry lots of questions, but am a bit baffled and was so flabbergasted at being told I'm probably pregnant didn't stop and think to ask them of the Dr!!

Tia

H xx

jabberwocky Wed 09-Feb-05 01:54:39

I agree with you that it sounds unusual for an implantation bleed. Having said that, I have a friend who had two "light" periods with each of her pregnancies.

confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 13:01:56

Thanks for replying Jabberwocky, and for agreeing with me!
Anyone else have any experience of anything like this?

H xx

Bagpuss30 Wed 09-Feb-05 13:06:05

I used to get breakthrough bleeding like this around the time of ovulation. Not sure why but it has never affected me. HTH

confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 13:11:08

Thanks Bagpuss, I never even thought of that, it could well be ovulation.

fisil Wed 09-Feb-05 13:13:46

I've just checked my thread from last August. I knew the exact day I'd conceived, and the implantation bleed was exactly 7 days after that, and then I did the positive test 6 days later. I don't know if that helps you to work out with dates whether it could be implantation. I've also had ovulation bleeds in my time, but they tend to be almost exactly halfway between periods.

confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 13:23:31

If I have conceived this bleed started 5 days after conception.
How long did your implatation bleed last fisil? I think I'm most sceptical because of the length of time it lasted for, I always thought implantation bleeds were all like it was for me last time, very light spotting that lasts a very short time?

HappyMumof2 Wed 09-Feb-05 13:43:18

Message withdrawn

confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 13:54:03

Hi happymum, no I havn't been on anything, it's been over a year since I came off the pill, so I can't find any reason for this!
It does indeed mean that I would have had to have conceived very soon after my period ended which does seem highly unlikely, although my cycle is pretty short, around 21 days.

H xx

fisil Wed 09-Feb-05 15:47:21

Hi confusedgal, I'm sorry, I can't remember how long it lasted (I've had 6 months of pregnancy since then, so my brain is mush). I reckon there was a few days of it, though. If you go to "search archived threads" and put implantation as the search term and switch to Look In "subject lines" you will find lots more threads on this.

confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 16:09:26

Thanks fisil, I'll do that now

HappyMumof2 Wed 09-Feb-05 16:16:34

Message withdrawn

confusedgal Wed 09-Feb-05 16:52:13

I don't know what I want to hear really happymum! lol Wasn't planning on getting pregnant, but don't know if it would be awful if I did, iykwim!
I'm just confused by it all more than anything, it wasn't something that had even occured to me until the Dr said, and now am not sure about anything! lol
I will test I suppose if my 'normal' period doesn't turn up, unless I can test earlier ( I have no patience!)
If it was implantation when do you suppose would be the best time to test??

HappyMumof2 Wed 09-Feb-05 18:27:17

Message withdrawn

Chrissey14 Thu 10-Feb-05 16:55:17

hi yes

confused myself was due on tues came on tues as expected but it was mostly very dark/tint brown flow throught the day only on the nite did i have breakthrough red then went back to dark overnite and even ligheter wed ,today period seems none existance ,normalley bleed normal for 3 whole days light by 4th

think it,s too early for me to test still have tried but comes up neg usuing a multi pack off the net not 1st response

have been poorly this week with a bad sore throatbut that shouldnt change anything

was gonna leave tesing till sun or next week to see what has gone on

i,m not sure mine was a implanation bleed but confused as it,s barely lasted 2 days and hasnt restarted

tc when u know 4 sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now