Talk

Advanced search

We the undersigned hereby renounce early testing and refuse to be swayed by cynical HPT's claiming to be accurate 7d early! Step away from the first response july/august

(273 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Thu 24-Jul-08 22:37:22

dont waste another penny!

wait until 14dpo here!!

Sparkly08 Thu 24-Jul-08 22:41:05

Can I join? I'm 3DPO and on cycle 9, TTC#2. LP is normally 14days and I'm going to try my best not to test early this time!! What about you?

ScaryHairy Thu 24-Jul-08 22:49:10

Can I just point out that the FR claim to detect HCG 6 days "before your missed period" if you read the leaflet in the pack actually means... 4 days before your period is due - i.e. 10 DPO.

The example they give is that if you are due on day 21 (i.e. your period would be missed by day 22), you can test on day 17.

So, nice try FR, but it is in fact exactly the same as your old test, just expressed in a slightly different (misleading) way to boost sales.

Grrr.

Haven't yet ovulated, but will be resisting the urge to test as much as I can this cycle!

HappyNewYearFeet06 Fri 25-Jul-08 08:56:18

Can I join please??? AF due on Sunday but am praying it doesn't arrive, lol!!!

Am not testing, will just see if AF arrvies or not and then test to see. Plus I don;t have any spare cash until the beginning of next week anyway, so that helps!!

My best mate said she has 3 tests in her drawer at work, lol! She said I can have one but only after Sunday!!!

EmmaBlemma Fri 25-Jul-08 14:02:34

Count me in!! I am 11dpo and did get carried away on day 8 with a first response, BFN obviously...

It's my 1st month ttc no1 so hopefully I can be forgiven!! However I have (fingers crossed) changed my ways and will wait with you girly's until day 14...

OracleInaCoracle Fri 25-Jul-08 14:52:04

period is due on thursday and im trying not to symptom spot. fell asleep on the way back from nans funeral yesterday. fell asleep on my way back from my interview today blush

hairy, thats my point exactly. they are just evil!!

busylady Fri 25-Jul-08 19:11:57

i think i NEED to join! ov'd last weekend and have just read the packet thinking 'wonder if....' errmmm. no!!!!

I will try my best to hold off testing until next weekend

x

HappyNewYearFeet06 Fri 25-Jul-08 19:22:27

Step away from the early test busylady.

!!!!

EmmaBlemma Sat 26-Jul-08 09:54:52

I am 12dpo today, woke up with a nice high temp smile then 5 mins later realised I am spotting with v mild cramps sad...

I was on the mini pill for 2yrs with no periods at all so can't remember what my cycle was like. This is my 1st month ttc and 1st month charting. Luckily everything has started to work straight away...

Has anyone experienced high temps with af?? Also is it possible to bleed around time period is due and be pregnant?? To be honest its this high temp that has thrown me.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas

OracleInaCoracle Sat 26-Jul-08 11:23:45

busylady, just think of that nice fat bfp that you will get if you are up the pole and you wait until 14dpo to test.

emma, implantation can occur around the time your period is due. wait until tuesday and test if your period hasnt arrived by then!!

EmmaBlemma Sat 26-Jul-08 11:31:21

Thanks lissielou, Will wait to see how my temps go and test 14dpo on monday.

Be strong everyone!!

OracleInaCoracle Sat 26-Jul-08 19:10:01

remember, high temp is still a good sign. it int over til the red witch sin gs!

HappyNewYearFeet06 Sat 26-Jul-08 20:05:21

Lol at red witch lissielou!

I am possibly due a visit from the red witch tomorrow. blush at tmi!!

I thought I had a couple of symptoms but am really unsure now. Just so want a BFP but I refuse to do one until Monday maybe even Tuesday as I will see my best friend Tuesday evening and she said she has a ready supply of pg tests, lol!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and resisit the early tests. RESIST!!!!!!!!!

OracleInaCoracle Sun 27-Jul-08 08:45:22

happynewyear, hope she stays away! definately wait til tuesday, esp if you can get a free hpt.

am 11dpo today, and still starving. but i have decided that i am NOT pg. im not, im not, im not.

that way if i am it will be a nice surprise wink

ebeson Sun 27-Jul-08 08:53:04

Hi, can i join in on here, im due around 4th , but really dont hold much hope this time, i think we BD alittle too late and my boobs are sore and feel just the same as they always do at this time in my cycle, so i guess im not going to have a happy result

EmmaBlemma Sun 27-Jul-08 09:21:18

Looks like I'm the first one out sad. Was in denial yesterday but a/f well and truely here... I am a little dissapointed but only my first cycle ttc so can't complain too much!!

Lots and lots of luck to you ladies, I'll be checking in on your progress xxx

OracleInaCoracle Sun 27-Jul-08 13:27:44

emma, im so sorry, hoping next month will be more successful.

ebeson, welcome to non-testers anon, what cd are you on?

RipMacWinkle Mon 28-Jul-08 06:51:40

Can I join lissie?

By my calculations I think I'm 3DPO. So I@ve got a while to wait and I think it's going to be the longest two weeks ever!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 28-Jul-08 09:03:13

of course you can! just think of that fat bfp.

think i will be out soon lades, had period cramps last night sad

HappyNewYearFeet06 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:16:00

Morning, I haven't had anything as yet and was due yesterday. A bit dubious as to if that is a very accurate date but nothing today yet either.

My best friend is coming round tomorrow to take the kids to the park, she is coming armed with a HPT too!!!!

Hi to all who have joined.

anniemac Mon 28-Jul-08 14:10:58

Message withdrawn

OracleInaCoracle Mon 28-Jul-08 14:13:00

good luck happynewyear.

anniemac, nope, but waiting impatiently! unfortunately because of my ep i now have to test after evry period, but these threads still save me a fortune!

funtimewincies Mon 28-Jul-08 20:22:50

Hear hear! AF is due somewhere around the 13th August, so getting that single-minded stary look that hubby dreads around this time blush.

I've got First Response left over from last time though - does that count?

HNYF - fingers crossed, now that's what I call will-power!

RipMacWinkle Tue 29-Jul-08 09:38:44

Any news from anyone?? Really want to hear about some BFPs.... smile

OracleInaCoracle Tue 29-Jul-08 10:17:00

lol, still no af and still not testing. had no more cramps since sunday, so fingers crossed that my period isnt actually on its way!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now