Talk

Advanced search

OPKs.. generally, is ovulation within 12-36 after the START of the LH surge or the END of the surge?

(5 Posts)
eleveld Thu 24-Jul-08 13:33:24

Hi
I know there are a lot of people on here that don't recommend using OPKs.

However, gernerally, is it thought that ovulation occurs within 12-36 hours after the START of the LH surge or the END of it?

Reason I ask is that I appear to have been surging for 2 days now!

beanieb Thu 24-Jul-08 13:38:31

Apparently The LH surge occurs 34 to 36 hours prior to ovulation so I am guessing 36 hours from the start, but just because your stick comes up saying you have an LH surge doesn't mean you caught that surge right at the begining if you see what I mean. You could get your LH surge when you are sleeping and then test at 3 in the evening which would mean you've caught the surge several hours after it first began.

eleveld Thu 24-Jul-08 13:40:34

Thanks Beanieb.

I have been getting a positive on the OPKs since 10m tues morning until 10am this morning (don't ask why I did more than one!) which seems an awfully long time and would mean, if I'm going to ovulate this cycle it's probably now happened??

beanieb Thu 24-Jul-08 13:46:36

Oh I do more than one grin

I guess you have but I don't think it's always exactly 36 hours, could be longer and some people ovulate twice in a month!

GruffaloSoldier Thu 24-Jul-08 15:00:25

It is importnat to remember that just because you have a surge does not mean that you will ovulate. Your body may attempt but fail. It might mean that you get a surge later as your body makes another attempt.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now