Talk

Advanced search

ANOTHER CM QUESTION ............SORRY

(8 Posts)
ebeson Wed 23-Jul-08 22:18:38

Does anybody know that when you first see stretchy cm, does that mean your egg is already there or its going to be there shortly.

PussinJimmyChoos Wed 23-Jul-08 22:22:44

I would say its going to be there iyswim as I've found you get the cm for a good few days but obviously its at it peak when the egg is there - if that makes sense?

PussinJimmyChoos Wed 23-Jul-08 22:23:02

Going to be there shortly I meant

eth37 Thu 24-Jul-08 11:56:06

I have a CM Q too! Having recently started 'inspecting' it closely (!) I have a couple of Qs - the past 2 cycles (only just started ttc) I have noticed abundant creamy CM a couple of days AFTER when I thought I had ov-d. Is this normal or does it mean that I ov-d later than I thought? During when I thought I was ov-ing, I noticed watery CM but not really that much of it. Far more later in cycle (3 - 4 DPO). Have I messed up or has anyone else found this too?

eth37 Thu 24-Jul-08 11:56:56

Should add, my cycle is generally 27 days. I thought I had been ov-ing at roughly CD12 or CD13. Would this make sense?

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 24-Jul-08 12:00:21

Eth - I'm no expert but you maybe ovulating a few days later than what you think you are. Why not buy an ovulation predictor kit just for one month and you can get a rough idea of it all? The best way though is to have sex a day before ovulation, in the middle of ovulation and then after...so every two days or so around that week and that should cover all bases!

Am waiting on smear results before can TTC and am farking impatient!!!

bamboostalks Thu 24-Jul-08 12:03:08

If you haven't already read it, may I recommend, 'Taking Charge of your Fertility'. It is a terrific book and really examines CM in great detail.

eth37 Fri 25-Jul-08 10:02:33

Thanks ladies for those recommendations. I never realised the CM thing was so complicated.... Will check out that book bamboo - thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now