Talk

Advanced search

So I have been trying for a year, what happens now ?

(3 Posts)
rookiemater Mon 21-Jul-08 15:38:48

Sorry if this has been done to death already. We have one DS aged 2.3 and have been trying for another for a year. I'm 38.

We love our DS to bits, but sometimes I find being a parent hard work with juggling working and household stuff and everything else. I do feel like I am just about keeping it together quite a lot of the time so sometimes I think I'm not sure if I could cope with another.

When you go to the Doctors, where does it go from there ? What tests do they do initially ? Is it worth even going, because although we could afford IVF, I feel with my age, the low success rate and the fact that it could impact on my already quite fragile state of mind, IVF just isn't an option for me.

Sorry I'm rambling, but just tell me what goes next .

nomoremagnolia Mon 21-Jul-08 17:37:24

Go and see your GP and tell him/her everything you've just said here. He/she will hopefully do some initial tests for both you and your DH/P and then talk you through all the options available. I expect you will be offered blood tests (day 2/3 and day 21) and semen analysis (well your DH/P, not you) to start with then they might refer you for further tests at a fertility clinic.

rookiemater Mon 21-Jul-08 19:08:43

Thanks normoremagnolia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now