Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ebay ovulation test strips- are they as crap as the pregnancy tests????

(14 Posts)
mummy2olivia Sun 20-Jul-08 12:50:23

??????

smile

nomoremagnolia Sun 20-Jul-08 12:54:18

Hi mummy2 No idea on your question but wanted to say hi How are you doing?

beanieb Sun 20-Jul-08 12:56:01

I worried that my ebay ones were not working but they seem to work now.

WorzselMummage Sun 20-Jul-08 13:08:24

i have always found the one step ovulation and pregnancy tests strips to work fine

nandos Sun 20-Jul-08 13:09:32

M2olivia, i think both are crap lol mine always give a positive on ovulation test..can't trust them ..

mummy2olivia Sun 20-Jul-08 13:55:12

Hi Nomore- I'm fine apart from the fact that yesterday and today TTC has completely taken over my head and I dont want it to!!

It all started when I found out that a cousin of ours is pregnant- completely unplanned and a complete shock envy

Well after that my mind has gone into overdrive!! blush after months of saying 'never want to get like that again!' I'm now verging on insania.

I diont even know what I'm doing looking at ebay ov tests- peeing on a stick to find out when to have sex????!!!!!!!

How are you anyway????

nomoremagnolia Sun 20-Jul-08 15:29:30

I'm ok - busy trying not to think about ttc! Know exactly how you feel about the announcements of pg - expecially the unplanned ones. Have been tempted to try ov sticks to see if I'm ov'ing or not but they are so £££ Interested to hear if the ebay ones are any good. My GP suggested using them - well she said they're not officially 'supported' but some people find them helpful. I'd just like to know if I'm ov'ing or not rather than needing to know when to get jiggy with DH

tassisssss Sun 20-Jul-08 15:31:20

preg tests worked fine for us

mummy2olivia Sun 20-Jul-08 17:07:06

Its 30 for 3.99 on ebay so thought it was worth it.

I only wondered cos the pg tests have reports of only ever coming up with faint results which obviously would be shit on an ov test.

nomoremagnolia Sun 20-Jul-08 19:23:10

I guess you could read them relative to each other- you know do a 'control' poas when you know you're not going to have LH surge then just read the tests relative to the control one. Sounds like they might be worth a try for £3.99 I mean that's only like a glass of wine in a bar wink

WorzselMummage Sun 20-Jul-08 19:39:39

he onestep tests do always have a faint line on them, its where the chemicals are i think. you get used to them though and its quite easy to tell the difference between the chemical line and a bfp line.

You cant knock em for 25hpts and 25 ov tests for £7 something or other grin

WorzselMummage Sun 20-Jul-08 19:39:40

he onestep tests do always have a faint line on them, its where the chemicals are i think. you get used to them though and its quite easy to tell the difference between the chemical line and a bfp line.

You cant knock em for 25hpts and 25 ov tests for £7 something or other grin

nomoremagnolia Thu 24-Jul-08 20:48:55

Mummy2 Did you get any in the end ? I've just ordered some

insywinsyspider Fri 25-Jul-08 21:48:39

hi guys - I used this site when ttc no 2 as no 1 took ages, was a complete shock when fell pg first cycle, ov test line came up and we did the deed so I'd rate them! I also used their pg tests and tested obsessively in the next few months as bled heavily till bout 18 wks and they seem to do the job at a fraction of price (ds2 now 8mo and I've ordered some more as bout to ttc no 3) I used the strip ones, good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now