Talk

Advanced search

Starting Clomid and a bit nervous

(26 Posts)
sars87 Sat 19-Jul-08 19:59:20

Hi all

I am new to all of this and due to start Clomid on sunday (night). I have two daughters already (5 miscarriages) and my youngest is 9 months, I went to my GP last week and explained we had been trying since her birth, as my GP new I tried for 13 months to get her she gave me 50mg clomid and I have to see her next week for a check up and been warned if i feel ill in any way to stop.

question i have for you all is my cycle is normaly 30-35 days and she recommened that i start trying my hardest to conceive around 8-10 days after I stop clomid. does this sound right to you?
Getting nervous about it all, but excited at the same time.

dooneygirl Sun 20-Jul-08 16:23:42

bump

copingvquietly Sun 20-Jul-08 16:28:58

Hulababy Sun 20-Jul-08 20:21:44

Good luck.

I start Clomid next cycle and feeling somewhat anxious but hopeful to. Been TTC for nearly 4 years for baby #2. My DD is 6.

mummy2olivia Sun 20-Jul-08 20:48:55

Hulababy, I saw you on here ages ago and you were having treatment for ashermans- I hope you don't mind me asking but how did it go? Are they hopeful that you will be able to conceive now? smile

Hulababy Mon 21-Jul-08 09:32:43

Hi. Yes I was dx with Ashermans a good while back - first saw consultant back in June 2006, and then again in the October. I had my first hysteroscopy and removal of about half the adhesions at end of August 2007, followed by 6 weeks of hormone tablets. Then had second hysteroscopy and removal of rest of adhesions end October 2007, followed by 7 weeks of hormone tablets. Hormone tablets were worst bit and I ended up having over 17 weeks off sick over the two periods as a result. I have had scans since and all is clear - no adhesions, uterus open, etc. Ny blood tests have all come back normal now too. So, really there is nothing in our way - but 4 years of TTC (plus took ages to have DD too- 15m, mc then another 15m) have buiilt up. So have been prescribed with Clomid to try and kickstart everything - fingers crossed.

sars87 Wed 23-Jul-08 10:14:37

Hulababy, Well tonight will ne my 4th night of clomid and so far so good. First night i suffered from some hot flushes but nothing since. Really hope your clomid cycle goes as well as mine in terms of side effects. I was so worried I would get them really bad. Think you can almost convince yourself you "ill" with it. haha. Good luck, let me know how you get on.

boogliewoogliepiggy Thu 07-Aug-08 17:27:37

Hey there everyone
I start clomid on Saturday. My husband and I have been ttc for a year, have now been prescribed clomid. Am excited but also nervous. Some of the side effects sound horrendous - please reassure me that it really isn't the majority of people who get these... [gulp!]
Good luck to everyone on here.
Would love to find a clomid buddy to talk to - as we're not discussing this with 'real life' friends and family for reasons far too convoluted to bore you with! wink

Vix67 Sat 09-Aug-08 18:32:56

Hi booglie

I am new to this site too!! Have been ttc for 18 months, am now on my first month of clomid. Am now on day 14 of cycle and the only real side effects i have had so far, are stitch like pains in my ovaries, this has started a couple of days ago and is still happening. Does anyone else know if this is normal??

I was prescribed clomid for low ovulation.

bigtree Sat 09-Aug-08 18:47:01

hi everyone,
I'm on my second round of 100mg clomid cd2-6..
Last round did help to regulate my cycle a bit as had 32cd (its normally above 40)so hoping its going to work for me.

Had all the tests and doc thinks i ovulate irregularly no pcos or anything like that so think its a bit of a guessing game!

My dh and i have been trying for our first for about 15mths.

As far as side effects go...had bad cramping from cd 14-17 last month and headaches but nothing more,i'm prepared to deal with them if it helps me. At least i'm prepared for the month ahead smile

Good luck to everyone..x

bigtree Sat 09-Aug-08 18:51:02

oh and i'm currently on cd2!!so got a long month ahead..

booglie looks like your on the same cycle..keep us posted and good luck x

cutekids Sat 09-Aug-08 18:57:06

hi,would just like to give a positive to all you new to Clomid.I started taking Clomid 11 years ago and YES i did get hot flushes.However,after approx.8 months,I conceived.My dd1 is 10.Not only that,I subsequently conceived naturally when she was 3 months old and again when my second was 3 months old!!!They are now 10,9 and 8 and their birthdays are all in the same week of May!The hot flushes were definately worth it and I was told by my Doc that the Clomid had obviously kick-started my ovaries to work again and that's probably why I got pregnant so quickly after the first one!!!

Vix67 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:09:07

sars87 what days are you taking clomid?? some people take it from day 1 and others from day 5??

clairebear88 Mon 11-Aug-08 15:58:00

Hi all

Im on 3rd cycle of clomid at the moment and am still hopeful. I have low ovulation and DH has slightly low count so GP thought this would give a boost. Now I take tabs at night I dont really get too many side effects but 1st month was pretty rough with hot flashes/bloating and lower pains.
I dont know anyone else on these tabs so come on here for any advice possible
Good luck to all

julez5 Mon 11-Aug-08 17:28:11

hi all ive just finished my 2nd lot of clomide i havent had any side effects touchwood i had a scan 2day and all looks good .im on it bcoz they thought i wasnt ovalatin bcoz of my age any one out there tryin in there 40s like me .

sars87 Mon 18-Aug-08 17:24:23

hi all, sorry not been on. i have just moved house and just got my internet up and running. I took clomid on day 2 for 5 days and just got a positive test result this morning. x

Vix67 Thu 21-Aug-08 19:54:14

Sars Congratulations!! Oh i hope it happens this quickly for me!! I am due AF on Sunday, its my first month on clomid too

fingers crossed xx

numpty1972 Thu 21-Aug-08 20:07:15

i'm on second month of clomid, got scan tommorow, doctors didn't really know why unable to concieve, my fsh is slightly high but they said i was still ok, my dp has good count but slightly low motility, again doctor said it wasn't a problem but still nothing happening. been trying now for 3 years! so they put me on clomid so far nothing! had lots of sympyomstho, like constat sore boobs, feeling sick, a bit of weight gain, my doc told me to start the clomid on day 2 for 5 days too. god i hope it works this month, it will be cd10 tommorow, so i think they scanning me a bit too early! but hey they the experts!! fingers crossed for you all and congrats to those of you who were succesfull.

sars87 Fri 22-Aug-08 19:48:32

Vix67 - good luck, hope all goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

numpty1972, good luck with the scan, hope it all goes well. xx

numpty1972 Fri 22-Aug-08 21:58:16

sars87, meant to say congrats, god i've been so self obsessed lately about all of this, many apologies for that! scan went well doc told me i will ovulate this weekend quite early and that i have 2 eggs this month! so fingers crossed his 30% that can swim will make it. take care. xx

babymadness Sat 23-Aug-08 12:11:11

hey...i am on my first cycle of clomid and waiting to ovulate this weekend....really keeping fingers crossed. wondering if anyone has itchy breasts (nipples!) my one breast has been so itchy its quite funny! is this something that anyone else has experience with clomid or is it just me?!! grin have a scan on tue...husband works away but is home to get busy tonight until tue am! we;ve been trying for 5 years and i have pco......

Vix67 Sun 24-Aug-08 12:07:35

Thanks sars im keeping my fingers, toes, arms, eyes, legs crossed ha ha( well maybe not legs!!!! blush )

Hi baby this was my first month on clomid, and after ovulating my nipples were soooo sore for about a week!! But think the itchy may be a symptom!! I am now on day29 of cycle and have really bad period pains so unfortunately dont think i have been lucky enough to fall first time!!

Have a great weekend BDing and fingers crossed you get a BFP in a few weeks!!

Keep me posted with how you get on xx

Vix67 Sun 24-Aug-08 12:08:53

Thanks cutekids for your message, it gives us all hope when you hear success stories!! Hopefully one day i will be able to post my success story!!
xx

cjll Mon 25-Aug-08 09:06:30

hiya this is my first post have not done this b4 ,just wanted some feedback from people in similar situation, ive got pcos and have been trying for a baby for a very long time have tried allsorts of diet and homeopathic meds,no success am due 2 start clomid (first time) 2day,i have been told to take 25mg twice a day for 5 days....i know my pcos is servere because of blood test and scans also i have very bad pcos symptoms acne being the worst its out of control......does anyone out there have any success stories falling pregnant with clomid and having pcos after tring for a vvv long time!!!

sars87 Thu 28-Aug-08 11:40:46

hi cjll - i spoke to two GP's before starting my clomid and was advised to start on 50mg once a day for 5 days and it worked first time for me. I have pcos as well but not as bad as some women i have spoken to. I ahve bad acne and excessive hair (its drives me crazy). I took my 50mg of clomid just as i was going to bed and got no side effects which was great. Hope all is well for you??

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now