Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Argggh, faint line on First Response

(10 Posts)
cupcakeandtea Fri 18-Jul-08 09:36:13

For the past few days I've been feeling really knackered plus have sore boobs so before I went to bed last night I thought i'd just test to put my mind at rest.

Used First Response and after a few minutes a very faint line appeared next to the test line but disappeared after 10 mins. Has anyone else experienced this?

My cycle was all over the place last month due to stress at work so it is vaguely possible that I'm pregnant but it seems a bit unlikely.

m0nkeynuts Fri 18-Jul-08 15:23:28

I think disappearing lines are usually meant to be considered negative

It might be too early though - any idea how many dpo you might be?

twocutedarlings Fri 18-Jul-08 15:32:57

Arnt your ment to read the test as soon as it says so (ie if it says 3 mins) im pretty sure that with first response, it says in the booklet that you shouldnt leave it any longer than the specified time??

I think your PG cupcake, most tests dont show a false positive at anypoint.

cupcakeandtea Fri 18-Jul-08 15:37:42

Well there's the problem. Because my cycle is all over the place I've got no idea when I ovulated. I think it's more wishful thinking than anything else!

In all the years of taking preg tests I've never had one come up with two lines so needless to say it was a bit of a shock!

I'll leave it a few days and test again just to be sure.

cupcakeandtea Fri 18-Jul-08 15:42:15

Much as I'd love to beleive that I am PG twocute, i'm not getting my hopes up but thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll let you know how I get on.

WorzselMummage Fri 18-Jul-08 15:49:58

www.peeonastick.com is FAB for this kind of thing.

IME disapearing positives are negatives

How you get the result you want

WorzselMummage Fri 18-Jul-08 15:50:26

hope you get the result you want blush

cupcakeandtea Fri 18-Jul-08 16:11:37

I had one test left and it's definitely negative so last night's one must have been faulty. Doesn't explain the sore boobs issue but is probably just one of those things!

cupcakeandtea Tue 22-Jul-08 12:02:41

Hi

I thought you ladies might want an update on the faint line saga.

Tested Fri night too and again there was a very faint line but nothing on Sat when I tested again. Started spotting on sunday and last night there was some bright red blood when I went to the loo. Still testing on the Clearblue Fert monitor and still had high readings.

This morning I went to my local women's clinic and the doc there thinks I've had a super early miscarriage as even a faint line that disappears has to have some pregnancy hormone in to appear in the first place.

So I'm going to wait and see what happens. If the bleeding gets heavier then I'll know I suppose. If it doesn't, then god only knows what's going on.

Caitni Tue 22-Jul-08 14:31:36

Oh Cupcakeandtea, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm really hoping that things work out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now