Talk

Advanced search

DS(20mths) is bf and am ttc - today I was leaking milk which hasn't happened for over a yr

(14 Posts)
devonsmummy Wed 16-Jul-08 20:49:50

could this be an indication that I may be pregnant?

Don't want to start testing as I know once I've started I'll be wanting to test every other day!!

Have a test hidden in a drawer - do you think I should do it?

PS dh is working away so am thinking maybe wait til he comes home on Monday?

devonsmummy Wed 16-Jul-08 21:05:22

anybody?

devonsmummy Thu 17-Jul-08 13:00:21

anyone? smile

monkeybumsmum Thu 17-Jul-08 13:33:11

How many dpo are you? I would be suspicious myself if that was happening to me!

devonsmummy Thu 17-Jul-08 13:36:45

what's dpo?

devonsmummy Thu 17-Jul-08 13:37:50

just re-read my original post and I forgot to say my periods have not returned which is why I don't know whether to test or not.

theinsider Thu 17-Jul-08 13:39:22

You clearly want to, you've basicaly posted asking for people to persuade you into it. So...

Go on, test. It won't do any harm. You might as well. They're cheap enough from the right places. Some people get very early positives. etc etc grin

Let us know.

theinsider Thu 17-Jul-08 13:40:22

No periods? Ah. Well, regular sex? Any contraception? Any other symptoms?

devonsmummy Thu 17-Jul-08 13:42:23

not very regular sex to be honest but no contraception since end of april.

Was feeling a bit sick a couple of weeks ago for 2-3 mornings.

theinsider Thu 17-Jul-08 13:49:25

Hmm, have to say it doesn't sound terribly likely does it? But it only takes one sperm at the right time yada yada.

As always there's no way of knowing without doing the test. (Or waiting and seeing if you ever develop a massive tum, wriggling sensations, piles, stretchmarks, indigestion, 24 hours of excrutiating pain then a baby pops out). It is possible if you're ttc and plenty of women (breastfeeding or not) get pregnant before their first post-childbirth period.

So what I'm trying to day is, as long as you have no financial issues about using the test, you might as well test.

theinsider Thu 17-Jul-08 13:50:24

say obviously!

Waiting with interest... smile

devonsmummy Thu 17-Jul-08 14:16:43

false alarm!

thanks anyway ladies xx

theinsider Thu 17-Jul-08 14:23:03

Sorry to hear that devonsmummy. Good luck for ttc. smile

MrsMcJnr Mon 21-Jul-08 23:07:45

Hey Devonsmummy smile sorry it was a false alarm, hope it happens for you soon. I read your thread with interest as I am TTC whilst BF too (my son is 6 months old) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now