Talk

Advanced search

Finally pregnant again after 3 m/c - need reassurance

(10 Posts)
Susan36 Sat 05-Feb-05 14:01:01

After having 3 fairly early m/c's I am finally pegnant again (coming up to 7 weeks). I am very nervous this time and am trying to prepare myself for the worst just in case. I had very tender boobs from before my period was due but over the last couple of days they don't seem to be very painful. I was hoping someone would be able to put my mind at rest and let me know if this is normal. I am worried that things are going wrong and that this is the first sign (no m/s yet, which is good in a way but at least I would feel pregnant!).
Any words of comfort?

whimsy Sat 05-Feb-05 14:11:07

The only thing I can say is my boobs hurt some days and then other days nothing (im due in July). Im sure there are ladies on here that can give you lots of advice and support. Hugs

dramaqueen72 Sat 05-Feb-05 14:13:12

Well hang in there!. many congrats on being pg again. i really hope this is your time. i've had 2 missed m/c (but with one dd born inbetween) and i have been just as scared as you are now. if its any help my m/s -which i get BIG TIME - never really kicked in til wk 8+. and some people never get it.(lucky them!)
it will be okay, take it easy, and try to focus on each week going by rather than each day, may help see you thro. get all the support you can from your epu, or gp/midwife, early scans, rent a doppler -whatever it takes to reassure you. i have everything crossed for you susan (((hugs)))

franke Sat 05-Feb-05 14:17:58

I have no experience of m/c but with my 2 pregnancies my boobs were sore from quite early on because they ballooned!

I can understand you thinking every different feeling might be a sign of things about to go wrong - I know I did. Try to think they are a sign of a normal, healthy pregnancy and keep posting on here with your concerns - it may help you to stay positive. I'm sending positive thoughts to you - I really hope this is the one

smellymelly Sat 05-Feb-05 14:44:31

My boobs only hurt with one of my pregnancies, with dd1. No pain with ds1, and last time was b/g twins and no pain in my boobs at all. It really is different with every pregnancy.

I really hope this is your time, try to rest as much as poss. and with your history you should be able to get an early scan...

NotQuiteCockney Sat 05-Feb-05 14:48:20

I had m/c, DS1, m/c, DS2. I did find that the pregnancy symptoms went away more quickly with the m/c ones, but tender boobs tend to come and go.

Are you up for an early scan? That can be very reassuring, and they can normally see something around 7/8 weeks. Most EPAUs provide this service to anyone who's had a miscarriage, and they find it reduces the miscarriage rate, strangely enough.

Donbean Sat 05-Feb-05 14:55:34

oh sweetie ive got every thing crossed here for you.
Agree with every one about eaarly scan, insist and make a fuss till you get it. Maybe then you can relax a little bit.
Although it was superb for me to get to 12 weeks, then to 20 weeks i just thought doom and gloom all the time. Looking back i felt terribly robbed of the excitement and anticipation that newly pregnant women should feel. I, like you would not allow myself to get excited at all.

Good luck, think positive and be strong, you've got a little been to grow.x

berolina Sat 05-Feb-05 20:53:12

Congrats on your pregnancy Susan and wishing you all the very best. I had a m/c before this pregnancy and so can empathise.
Symptoms really do vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. Maybe your boobs are 'adapting' to your new hormone levels. Some days I would notice my boobs hurting a bit, some not at all. And I haven't had a scrap of morning sickness!
Make sure you get that early scan! And, if it helps, remember how good your chances are, even after 3 m/c, that everything will be OK this time. Things are still more likely to go right than not to go right.

Mirage Tue 08-Feb-05 13:35:41

Congratulations Susan.

I can understand your anxiety.My sore boobs stopped abruptly at 7wks & after some spotting,was convinced it was all over.I'm now 23wks & counting.

It is hard to relax when you have lost babies before,but it sounds like your body is adapting to the hormone levels.After losing my 1st baby,I spent a lot of my next 2 pregnancies poking my boobs & worrying that they weren't painful.

Do you have an Early pregnancy unit nearby?Some will take self refferals & I'm sure that if you told them your history,they'd be happy to scan you.At 7wks you should be able to see a little heartbeat there!
Will keep everything crossed for you.

Expectantmum Tue 08-Feb-05 13:58:28

Excellent news that you're pregnant again, I'm sure we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you. I've never suffered a m/c so I couldn't comment, although my best friend has had three, so I have a general idea what its like. I'm sure you'll be fine this time. My boobs were incredibly sore, so much so I couldn't even lie on them and they grew two sizes in the first month. However, this wasn't continuous and usually a couple of days here and there. I've been really lucky and suffered no m/s at all, although have been really tired at times. Every pregnancy and every woman suffers differently from each other. I've reached 20 weeks now and as daft as this sounds, sometimes I forget I'm pregnant til I see my reflection!

I hope all goes well for you this time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now