Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clearblue Monitor Clinical Trials - take part

(30 Posts)
beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 15:54:27

Clearblue are supplying a fertility monitor and 6 months worth of test sticks to go with it. Also a pregnancy tests, one per cycle. If you get pregnant while on the trial you will get £60 in high street vouchers
In return you have to collect an urine sample every day (they provide the sample containers) then send them away every 2 weeks probably. Also you keep a diary with an info about your cycle and monitor readings, they provide that too.

www.clearblue.info/uk/

thought it might interest some people.

GorgonsGin Wed 16-Jul-08 16:03:19

6 months of wee and then you post it off? Is this literally a "piss take"?

gringrin

Actually looks good, thanks beanie.

Caitni Wed 16-Jul-08 16:07:25

oh GG you crack me up you messer! Thanks for this link Beanie - I've signed up. Since I'm using the CB monitor anyway this is perfect for me!

beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 16:11:35

GG - he he. Although the thought of sending any Wee through the post is a bit Blergh!

Caitni - I'm using one too, am awaiting their call. At the very least I guess we'd get a fee monitor out of it which we can pass on to the needy (or sell grin).

Hope they pick me, I'd like to be a part of it and maybe it'll make me pregnant grin

WorzselMummage Wed 16-Jul-08 16:19:24

i did it last year, it was a pain in the backside to be honest. You have to save your fmu everyday ( even during your period which is grim )save it in a little pot till you have 16 or so then send it away to be tested.

You have to test your wee with the monitor everyday and fill out a form recording readings.

You have to send the monitor back at the end too.

I only lasted 3 months, it did my head in !

mummy2olivia Wed 16-Jul-08 16:21:45

sounds like a lot of trouble!!

Have registered and will give it a go.

Cant believe they will get in touch though TBH.

beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 16:25:11

bugger about the monitor! why make people send it back! I guess you could always say you have and it must have got lost in the post!?

Caitni Wed 16-Jul-08 16:34:58

WorzselMummage thanks for sharing your experience, aka reality check.

Beanie know what you mean - maybe this will be exactly what we need to get our BFPs!!

I still think I'll do it - I like the idea of helping them develop it so it's the best it can be (erm, that sounds a little like marketing speak!). It's just that I've found it helpful, so if this helps them make it even better then that can only be a "good thing"...

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 16:38:13

I did this...the fact is the monitor is changed so that at least some of the 'guineapigs' don't know if they are ovulating or not..it gives no info.
I found it a pain in the butt.

Caitni Wed 16-Jul-08 16:53:14

dropdeadfred you mean it wouldn't tell you if you get a high or peak reading?? God, there's no way I'd do it if I was one of them - there's no point if I can't tell if I'm ovulating!

beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 16:58:51

Dropdeadfred - presumably they tell people this?

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 17:04:55

When I did it we were split into groups...yellow, red and green I believe. I had never heard of or seen a clearblue monitor so I had no idea what it could tell you..so was none the wiser for a while.
But one group got a lot of info, one group some and one group none.
I'm not sure they tell you exactly what group you are in....

WorzselMummage Wed 16-Jul-08 17:06:20

I heard that some of the people had monitors that gave no info but everyone on the threads about it last year had monitors which worked properly.

I cant see anyone poas every day for nothing.

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 17:11:01

Well I did this 4 yrs ago..I think they were developing the monitors at the time as I had not heard of them...

BUT..they always need a test group so they can prove whether their monitors help people conceive or not....

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 17:11:26

compared to people with no extra info I mean...

gillydaffodil Wed 16-Jul-08 17:37:14

Message withdrawn

lou031205 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:28:02

The trial is full now sad

beanieb Fri 25-Jul-08 13:04:30

they just called me and I'm doing it!

busylady Fri 25-Jul-08 19:14:06

i'm doing it too

beanieb Mon 28-Jul-08 16:46:34

have you had anything yet? I was expecting a letter but nothing so far smile

Caitni Mon 28-Jul-08 16:58:46

They also called me about this last week - maybe Monday or Tuesday? - and still haven't received the info pack. Glad to hear it's not just me!

beanieb Mon 28-Jul-08 17:26:55

They called me Friday. perhaps they have to fill all the places before they send stuff out?

beanieb Mon 01-Sep-08 14:44:00

Anyone else started doing this? I have peed in 3 bottles so far. They have also sent me a customs form so I can bring my piss back from Amsterdam!

One thing - why do they ask you to do a pregnancy test in the middle of the cycle?

tabby26 Mon 01-Sep-08 21:26:54

Hi Beanieb,

I think you only need to do a pregnancy test in the middle of your first cycle to show that you aren't PG when you start the trial. Once you get to month 2 you won't need to do that any longer

Hope all is well x smile

beanieb Mon 01-Sep-08 22:50:16

Ah! I see grin I did one at the begining of course but that makes sense that it's only going to be the first month.

Did you get your pre-seed yet?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: