Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue Monitor Clinical Trials - take part

(30 Posts)
beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 15:54:27

Clearblue are supplying a fertility monitor and 6 months worth of test sticks to go with it. Also a pregnancy tests, one per cycle. If you get pregnant while on the trial you will get £60 in high street vouchers
In return you have to collect an urine sample every day (they provide the sample containers) then send them away every 2 weeks probably. Also you keep a diary with an info about your cycle and monitor readings, they provide that too.

www.clearblue.info/uk/

thought it might interest some people.

GorgonsGin Wed 16-Jul-08 16:03:19

6 months of wee and then you post it off? Is this literally a "piss take"?

gringrin

Actually looks good, thanks beanie.

Caitni Wed 16-Jul-08 16:07:25

oh GG you crack me up you messer! Thanks for this link Beanie - I've signed up. Since I'm using the CB monitor anyway this is perfect for me!

beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 16:11:35

GG - he he. Although the thought of sending any Wee through the post is a bit Blergh!

Caitni - I'm using one too, am awaiting their call. At the very least I guess we'd get a fee monitor out of it which we can pass on to the needy (or sell grin).

Hope they pick me, I'd like to be a part of it and maybe it'll make me pregnant grin

WorzselMummage Wed 16-Jul-08 16:19:24

i did it last year, it was a pain in the backside to be honest. You have to save your fmu everyday ( even during your period which is grim )save it in a little pot till you have 16 or so then send it away to be tested.

You have to test your wee with the monitor everyday and fill out a form recording readings.

You have to send the monitor back at the end too.

I only lasted 3 months, it did my head in !

mummy2olivia Wed 16-Jul-08 16:21:45

sounds like a lot of trouble!!

Have registered and will give it a go.

Cant believe they will get in touch though TBH.

beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 16:25:11

bugger about the monitor! why make people send it back! I guess you could always say you have and it must have got lost in the post!?

Caitni Wed 16-Jul-08 16:34:58

WorzselMummage thanks for sharing your experience, aka reality check.

Beanie know what you mean - maybe this will be exactly what we need to get our BFPs!!

I still think I'll do it - I like the idea of helping them develop it so it's the best it can be (erm, that sounds a little like marketing speak!). It's just that I've found it helpful, so if this helps them make it even better then that can only be a "good thing"...

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 16:38:13

I did this...the fact is the monitor is changed so that at least some of the 'guineapigs' don't know if they are ovulating or not..it gives no info.
I found it a pain in the butt.

Caitni Wed 16-Jul-08 16:53:14

dropdeadfred you mean it wouldn't tell you if you get a high or peak reading?? God, there's no way I'd do it if I was one of them - there's no point if I can't tell if I'm ovulating!

beanieb Wed 16-Jul-08 16:58:51

Dropdeadfred - presumably they tell people this?

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 17:04:55

When I did it we were split into groups...yellow, red and green I believe. I had never heard of or seen a clearblue monitor so I had no idea what it could tell you..so was none the wiser for a while.
But one group got a lot of info, one group some and one group none.
I'm not sure they tell you exactly what group you are in....

WorzselMummage Wed 16-Jul-08 17:06:20

I heard that some of the people had monitors that gave no info but everyone on the threads about it last year had monitors which worked properly.

I cant see anyone poas every day for nothing.

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 17:11:01

Well I did this 4 yrs ago..I think they were developing the monitors at the time as I had not heard of them...

BUT..they always need a test group so they can prove whether their monitors help people conceive or not....

Dropdeadfred Wed 16-Jul-08 17:11:26

compared to people with no extra info I mean...

gillydaffodil Wed 16-Jul-08 17:37:14

Message withdrawn

lou031205 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:28:02

The trial is full now sad

beanieb Fri 25-Jul-08 13:04:30

they just called me and I'm doing it!

busylady Fri 25-Jul-08 19:14:06

i'm doing it too

beanieb Mon 28-Jul-08 16:46:34

have you had anything yet? I was expecting a letter but nothing so far smile

Caitni Mon 28-Jul-08 16:58:46

They also called me about this last week - maybe Monday or Tuesday? - and still haven't received the info pack. Glad to hear it's not just me!

beanieb Mon 28-Jul-08 17:26:55

They called me Friday. perhaps they have to fill all the places before they send stuff out?

beanieb Mon 01-Sep-08 14:44:00

Anyone else started doing this? I have peed in 3 bottles so far. They have also sent me a customs form so I can bring my piss back from Amsterdam!

One thing - why do they ask you to do a pregnancy test in the middle of the cycle?

tabby26 Mon 01-Sep-08 21:26:54

Hi Beanieb,

I think you only need to do a pregnancy test in the middle of your first cycle to show that you aren't PG when you start the trial. Once you get to month 2 you won't need to do that any longer

Hope all is well x smile

beanieb Mon 01-Sep-08 22:50:16

Ah! I see grin I did one at the begining of course but that makes sense that it's only going to be the first month.

Did you get your pre-seed yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now