Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which prenatal supplement(s) due you take while TTCing?

(6 Posts)
madmarriedNika Wed 16-Jul-08 12:59:30

We are thinking of TTCing in 2-3 months time. I read somewhere I should ideally start taking a prenatal vit/mineral supplement 2-3 months before starting to TTC- out of interest which one do you use? Is it worth taking the ones with the omega 3 added?

TIA

Kalikaroo Wed 16-Jul-08 13:17:05

Hi. I've just been taking a normal multivitamin with minerals when I remember (probably 3-4 times a week) and 400mg folic acid daily. I think if you have a pretty good diet the only supplement you really need is folic acid, but maybe a multivit wouldn't hurt? I don't bother with omega 3 since I eat quite a lot of oily fish anyway.

I have a bit of a nagging doubt that taking vitamins is just a waste of money anyway since women have been having babies without them for millenia (some of them with horrible diets! grin

Hope this helps!

hanaflowerisnothana Wed 16-Jul-08 13:18:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

conkertree Wed 16-Jul-08 13:23:33

with ds (now 11 months) i just took folic acid. now thinking about ttc no 2, and am taking sanatogen mulitvitamins (which have folic acid). not bothering with the omega cause eat oily fish, but taking a supplement cause even if i dont really need it, am still bfeeding ds and i think that a little extra help wont do me any harm.

quite often on 3 for 2 in boots so i waited till they came up on that.

Playingthe9monthwait Wed 16-Jul-08 14:37:35

I took a normal multi vit and additional folic acid for the 6 months before ttc. When I started ttcing I switched to sanatogen (sp?) pro-natal with omega 3. Basically because although I eat ok most of the time I wanted to be 100% certain I was gettign the right nutrients and of course normal multi vits have too much vit A in them. Plan to continue taking till 3 months pg (am 7 weeks) and then maybe just buy a cheaper supermarket own brand pg vit.

Yarnie Wed 16-Jul-08 14:53:09

I'm taking Pregnacare. Shop around on the internet whatever you choose as you can get some good deals if you buy in bulk. I got 270 tablets for £24 from ChemistDirect.co.uk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now