Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help needed asap - 21 day blood test

(7 Posts)
cabbagepatchkid Tue 15-Jul-08 22:42:37

hi - I am meant to have the 21 day blood test tomorrow to see if I've ovulated but is going to be near impossible to get to the clinic - would it make a whole heap of difference if I went on day 22? (actually day 25 as my cycle 31 days)

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 16-Jul-08 07:03:01

Should be okay, having it done a day later won't make any real difference to the final result.

BTW they should also be doing a day 3 test as well to measure LH and FSH levels; progesterone is only part of the story.

cabbagepatchkid Wed 16-Jul-08 08:32:10

thanks. will ask for one of those too.

cabbagepatchkid Wed 23-Jul-08 10:51:47

Hi,

Test result came back though nurse crap at explaining things.

Progesterone level was 45.3. Is that good? Does that mean I ovulated?

Thanks

lastboxoftampons Wed 23-Jul-08 11:53:58

Hi CPK - according to my doctor, anything over 30 indicates you ovulated. Mine was 40 and they told me I was well within the normal range.

beanieb Wed 23-Jul-08 12:01:17

I am worried now. I had to have the '21 day test' but it was arranged for CD17 as I ovulate around 15/16th day of my cycle according to the monitor I use... BUT - I was almost a week late with my period so rearranged the blood test for 5 days later than the first one and then ovulated on CD11!! I did ask the nurse if having the test six days after ovulation would matter but she didn't seem to know.

I know I am ovulating but my last 21 day test was very low so they wanted to repeat it.

cabbagepatchkid Wed 23-Jul-08 12:02:37

thanks lastbox - that's good. Guess it just wasn't our month then but not necessaroly for a medical reason

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now