Talk

Advanced search

How soon would you get any kind of symptoms being pg after conception???

(9 Posts)
HappyNewYearFeet06 Tue 15-Jul-08 19:03:44

Sounds like a silly question I know. It has been bugging me though. How soon after it has happened would you get any symptom at all what ever it would be??? Would you know before having to do a test for example?? Anybody ever had really really early signs or symptoms??

Sorry, I am soooo clueless!!! blush

I think I need to go back to school!!

TinkerBellesMum Tue 15-Jul-08 19:13:52

I think the earliest I had symptoms was 3 weeks, but I was very sure we had conceived anyway (we discussed it before as it was day 13 and we'd already realised we were both very fertile and I had an accurate cycle) this time I didn't know till 7 weeks, but with hindsight there were signs from around the time of my missed period, but can't nail down exactly when.

HappyNewYearFeet06 Wed 16-Jul-08 10:32:59

Bump. Anyone else?

I have a wierd feeling like I did last time but may just be hoping and it is probably way too soon.

conkertree Wed 16-Jul-08 13:28:37

didnt have this myself but have heard of lots of people having metallic tastes in their mouth. my sister knew at about 3 or 4 weeks cause she was out running and felt really faint and the only other time she'd felt like that was during her first pg.

wasabipeanut Wed 16-Jul-08 13:33:19

I started to get feelings of nausea/faintiness at about 10-12 days and also had a huge increase in sense of smell. I had no idea at the time what it was - I put the smell thing down to giving up smoking and the nausea down to eating something funny. Nausea wasn't constant, just the odd "having a funny 5 minutes."

snowleopard Wed 16-Jul-08 13:37:45

I felt very tired, and had a really foul temper - like PMT but <gasp> even worse! That was definitely before doing a test as I wrote a really ranting letter to a magazine about an article that had massively pissed me off, and I remember clearly that I hadn't known I was pg at the time, but I did by the time it was blush published.

Also went off coffee very early IIRC.

BrightSideOfLife Wed 16-Jul-08 14:09:37

The month that I fell pregnant - I noticed that my breasts were really sensitive from about 7 days after I ovulated and had a 'funny' metallic taste in my mouth from about 10 / 12 days after ovulation.

Like snowleapard, I also went off tea and coffee very early (Before the funny taste started)...but didn't realise the significance right away.

Neeerly3 Wed 16-Jul-08 14:15:29

my first symptoms when preg with DT's was sore boobs. We weren't TTC and I'd always had an irregular cycle so didn't worry when i was 'late'. Dh insisted I did a test when i returned from a few days in Ibiza though with HUGE boobs!

This time, we were TTC and I symptom spotted all the way through my cycle. I tested the day after my AF was due and it was negative, so I put it out of my mind (no symptoms at this point really)....but i was working from home a few days later and I was shattered - couldn't put my finger on why, had been sleeping well etc etc....I also felt dizzy when i stood up and had a REALLY bloated tummy. Tested and it was +ive.

HappyNewYearFeet06 Wed 16-Jul-08 14:15:31

Thanks for all of the info ladies.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now