Talk

Advanced search

Any natural pregnancies after having fertility treatment?

(3 Posts)
Mamatastic Mon 14-Jul-08 22:02:47

Hi, just wondering if those 'miracle' stories really do exist! We had IVF last Feb and are so grateful to have had a beautiful DS now 8.5 months old. We have some frozen embryos for future use but I was just wondering what our chances are too of suddenly conceiving naturally? We TTC for 5 years and needed IVF (ICSI) after DH's sperm was found to be a bit wonky. However his sperm were 'fine' at lots of previous tests and only found to be wonky after we failed an IUI cycle so I'm hoping they are actually OK and were just having an off day at the time of IUI.

I am still breastfeeding too and no periods as yet so I know chances are really slim but I'm still curious to hear any positive stories. Thanks!

Pinkveto Mon 14-Jul-08 22:06:45

Yep, friend of mine had assisted conception, not full IVF, after TTC for 3 years. Sadly miscarried that baby at 9 weeks, went on a "cheer up" skiing holiday, now 17 weeks totally natural conception.

And more amazingly my cousin who was essentially azoospermic (i.e. not a one of them was wiggling) had 6 cycles IVF with wife unsuccessfully, but conceived with second wife.

Its very very dependent on the cause of infertility obviously.

Trebuchet Mon 14-Jul-08 22:10:44

Best mate had several rounds of IVF had lovely dd who was 9 m when the found they were expecting dd2, who is now 20 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now