Talk

Advanced search

Whats the earliest CD anyone has tested postive??

(10 Posts)
thefabfour Sat 12-Jul-08 22:31:54

Just wondered?

BD on Day 7/8. We're not TTC and thought this was safe. However, I now have a feeling that I had a really early OV. I'm now CD21.

I know at this stage its likely to show up as a BFN but has anyone had an BFP at this point if they've had an early OV??

WorzselMummage Sat 12-Jul-08 22:45:24

The earliest bfp i have ever heard of is 7 dpo ( well i did here of one at 2 dpo but no sure how thats possible )so of you did ov early you could test not. Most people don't get a bfp untill at least 11 or 12 dpo but even then it might eb worth testing. What makes you think you ov'd early ? how long are your cycles normally ?

Ledodgy Sat 12-Jul-08 22:53:35

I ov on day 12 and my earliesy was 7dpo a very faint positive, he's 6 months old. I was feeling sick and very tired however and reasoned if there was enough hormone to make me feel like this it would show up on a test.smile

thefabfour Sat 12-Jul-08 22:53:58

Thanks Worzel. I think I ovd early as there was loads of EWCM within about a day of the deed. I'm just really concerend as I know that sperm can live for up to 5 days of longer. And DC3 was conceived on CD9. My cycles are normally 28/30 days.

I just don't know if I got a BFP whether I would be chuffed that I was so 'clever' to have got pg from one unprotected incident on cd7/8.

Or, whether I would just lie screaming on the floor that I could be so stupid grin

Aggrrhhh

ShowOfHands Sat 12-Jul-08 22:56:18

I ov on CD11, tested positive with dd on CD19.

Stupid TMI question but it was EWCM and not semen?

thefabfour Sat 12-Jul-08 22:58:07

Thanks ledgogy. That really was an early result? How did you know that you ov'd early? Do you chart your temperature?

Ledodgy Sat 12-Jul-08 23:00:35

No I wasn't trying this time but when I have done ovulation tests in the past for dd and ds1 I always ovulate on day 12 so am just assuming I did this time as well.

Ledodgy Sat 12-Jul-08 23:01:14

Oh yeah and we only had sex once around day 12!

thefabfour Sat 12-Jul-08 23:02:12

Showofhands- no, it was not a stupid q. Def was EWCM about 24-48 hours later and continued for a few days.

God I am so daft. Have a couple of degrees and can't sort my contraception out. My mother is going to kill me. Thats if looking after 5 children doesn't first shock

Ledodgy Sat 12-Jul-08 23:03:31

Pmsl and I thought I was dippy having a suprise third. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now